4th Grade Vocabulary Prep was designed to improve vocabulary skills in the classroom and at home:
• Click to listen to a pronunciation of each word, its meaning, and a sample sentence
• Study hundreds of vocabulary words at your own pace with guided step-by-step learning
• Specifically appropriate content chosen at the 4th grade level
• Students can read through words and definitions as many times as they need for review
• Word and definition quizzes are used to reinforce learning, ensuring that students understand each word in a section before they continue
• When they're ready, students can take the test to move on to the next level (they'll need to get at least 90% correct to advance)
"Best vocabulary app we have found. I was surprised how quickly my daughter learned all the words."
"Love it! Very useful for tracking ones children's vocabulary learning progress."
Teachers: sets of vocabulary words from this app can be assigned as activities in Apple's Schoolwork app
> No In-App Purchase required, all content is included!
Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards for 4th Grade:
• Acquire grade-appropriate conversational, general academic, and domain-specific words
• Determine the meaning of words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 4 topic or subject area
• Use sentence-level context as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase
• Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension
• Read on-level text with purpose and understanding
• Students can click each word, its meaning, and a sample sentence to listen to the audio as often as needed
• Students will be able to listen to each of the available answers in tests and quizzes before selecting their choice
• Students are congratulated on a job well done, or will hear the example sentence repeated as a reminder if they answer incorrectly
• Enter as many student names as you need
• Just like a set of flash cards, any word a student gets wrong on one of the practice quizzes is returned to the "back of the deck" and will be asked again to make sure the student can answer every word in that section correctly
• Email a student's specific test results or a recap of their full progress
• Password protected administrator section allows you to review student scores and track student improvement
Word list includes:
& hundreds more!
*With practice you can achieve your best scores!*
We love to hear from you!
Please send any feedback or questions to email@example.com
Peekaboo Studios is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 8-10
Categories: Reading, Vocabulary
Please update your review and let us know what you think!
- Audio is now available for each word and definition, as well as a sample sentence for every word
- Enter as many student names as you need and track which words are most difficult for each student
- Admin section is password protected, log in to look back over several tests and see if a student is improving or still needs help after multiple attempts
- Students will now show mastery of 10 words at a time before moving on to the next "level" of vocabulary
- Email out a summary of a student's progress
- Students can create a 4-digit PIN to personalize and protect their account
- Fresh new look! We hope you like it. =)
PLEASE keep sharing your thoughts and suggestions with us, and let us know if you ever have any questions!
New in version 1.4:
- users can review a list of any words they missed after completing their test
- a student's 5 most recent test results will now be saved to the device so you can see how they've done and if they are improving over time
- teachers can create and save unique lists by choosing a set of specific words for their students
- educators can use lists to test students on a different set of words from week to week, or month to month
- multitasking is enabled
- performance improvements
- shiny new retina art: from icon, to launch image, to each and every game screen
- Enter as many student names as you need
- Set the number of questions you'd like on the test
- Allow students to study and learn at their own pace
- They can look through definitions, practice with a quiz, then take the big final test to see how well they've learned
- Password-protected Administrator Section allows you to review scores, track student improvement, and zero in on words where they could use extra help
- Increase students' vocabulary knowledge and their scores!
- Added iPad version (now a Universal app)
- 39.3 MB
- Release Date:
- Peekaboo Studios LLC
Safe to Download
AppPure.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. The download link of this app will be redirected to the official App Store site, thus the app is original and has not been modified in any way.Got it