6th Grade Vocabulary Prep was designed to improve vocabulary skills in the classroom and at home:
• Click to listen to a pronunciation of each word, its meaning, and a sample sentence
• Study hundreds of vocabulary words at your own pace with guided step-by-step learning
• Specifically appropriate content chosen at the 6th grade level
• Students can read through words and definitions as many times as they need for review
• Word and definition quizzes are used to reinforce learning, ensuring that students understand each word in a section before they continue
• When they're ready, students can take the test to move on to the next level (they'll need to get at least 90% correct to advance)
"Love this app, the words are a little more advanced than the younger grade levels."
"I'm learning English as second language and this is a great app. Gives word, definition, and part of speech. I really liked it. I learned pretty fast and it was easy to remember."
Teachers: sets of vocabulary words from this app can be assigned as activities in Apple's Schoolwork app
> No In-App Purchase required, all content is included!
Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards for 6th Grade:
• Acquire grade-appropriate conversational, general academic, and domain-specific words
• Determine the meaning of words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 6 topic or subject area
• Use sentence-level context as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase
• Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension
• Read on-level text with purpose and understanding
• Students can click each word, its meaning, and a sample sentence to listen to the audio as often as needed
• Students will be able to listen to each of the available answers in tests and quizzes before selecting their choice
• Students are congratulated on a job well done, or will hear the example sentence repeated as a reminder if they answer incorrectly
• Enter as many student names as you need
• Just like a set of flash cards, any word a student gets wrong on one of the practice quizzes is returned to the "back of the deck" and will be asked again to make sure the student can answer every word in that section correctly
• Email a student's specific test results or a recap of their full progress
• Password protected administrator section allows you to review student scores and track student improvement
Word list includes:
& hundreds more!
*With practice you can achieve your best scores!*
We love to hear from you!
Please send any feedback or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Peekaboo Studios is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 8-10
Categories: Reading, Vocabulary
New in version 1.4:
- users can review a list of any words they missed after completing their test
- a student's 5 most recent test results will now be saved to the device so you can see how they've done and if they are improving over time
- teachers can create and save unique lists by choosing a set of specific words for their students
- educators can use lists to test students on a different set of words from week to week, or month to month
- multitasking is enabled
- performance improvements
- shiny new retina art: from icon, to launch image, to each and every game screen
- Enter as many student names as you need
- Set the number of questions you'd like on the test
- Allow students to study and learn at their own pace
- They can look through definitions, practice with a quiz, then take the big final test to see how well they've learned
- Password-protected Administrator Section allows you to review scores, track student improvement, and zero in on words where they could use extra help
- Increase students' vocabulary knowledge and their scores!
- Added iPad version (now a Universal app)
- 38.7 MB
- Release Date:
- Peekaboo Studios LLC
Safe to Download
AppPure.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. The download link of this app will be redirected to the official App Store site, thus the app is original and has not been modified in any way.Got it