Having knowledge of biological roots, prefixes and suffixes will help you to easily understand and remember biological terms.
▪ Some examples of how roots, prefixes and suffixes combine to form a biological term
arthr- + -o- + logy = arthrology
arthr- + itis = arthritis
eryth- +o+ cyte = erythrocyte
■ There are a few general rules about how they combine
- The -o- almost always acts as a joint-stem to connect two consonantal roots.
- The -o- is dropped when connecting to a vowel-stem
- Roots generally go together according to language, i.e., Greek prefixes occur with Greek suffixes and Latin prefixes with Latin suffixes
■ Multiple choice quizzes:
- 7 multiple choice quizzes
- 9 decks for you to choose
- Flip a card to see a root's meaning
■ Other features:
- Roots of the day: learn 5 roots, prefixes, suffixes daily
- Search for a root, prefix, suffix based on text or meaning
- Random Roots: learn 5 random roots, prefixes, suffixes.
- List of 10000 biological terms, phrases, their definitions, roots
- Bookmark feature
■ If you want to suggest a new feature or report a bug, please send feedback to us. Thank you!
■■■ Note: This data is part of the list of classical roots, prefixes and suffixes offered in our app "Classical Root Dictionary". If you need a comprehensive list of general roots, prefixes and suffixes, download Classical Root Dictionary instead.
- 35.7 MB
- Release Date:
- Trang Hoai
Safe to Download
AppPure.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. The download link of this app will be redirected to the official App Store site, thus the app is original and has not been modified in any way.Got it