CAMARAD is the app that provides information and alerts you of the road traps and other points of interest in your vicinity. The info found in CAMARAD is provided and approved by its steadily growing community of users. Join the drivers in your area who already share locations in real-time. This will help ensure your safety by slowing down in risky areas, plan your routes and keep your hard earned money in your wallet.
By driving with CAMARAD active, you will be alerted whenever you drive nearby a risky area or a point of interest. You can actively report the locations you see on the road to warn the other users. You can also approve the good or report the bad locations identified by other users.
- The users can report locations of police and photo radars as well as red light cameras;
- Optional Food Truck and Produce stand locations alerts available;
- “List Mode” indicating nearby locations, using only negligible amount of data;
- “Map Mode” visually indicating your position relative to the nearby identified locations with a choice of map types (standard, hybrid or satellite) and optional traffic flow and traffic cameras features;
- “Background Mode” keeps alerting the user even when using another app or with the smartphone in sleep mode;
- User can choose between 4 alert types: sound, vibration, vocal or strobe light;
- User can choose the warning distance and the distance units: kilometers or miles;
- Easy connection using your Facebook account or as an anonymous user;
- Easily add new locations while connected to your Facebook account;
- Approve the good locations or report the bad or expired ones;
- “Parking Reminder” feature making it easy to find where you parked your vehicule;
- “AMBER Alert” feature providing info on the current searches and deactivating the display of all police locations in the app to prevent the kidnappers or other criminals from escaping the authorities;
- The app does not keep any data on your whereabouts.
CAMARAD is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so come aboard and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life and use a lot of data. CAMARAD is set to “List Mode” by default which use a negligible amount of data, unlike competing apps.
* If you’re a merchant interested in adding a food truck or a produce stand location in CAMARAD, please contact us at email@example.com !
- Start up loading speed increased
- 46.3 MB
- Update Date:
- Patrick Boulay
Safe to Download