Among the data products within the MIMI suite that are viewable through the app, include the ENA images of Saturn taken with the Ion and Neutral CAmera (INCA), and spectrograms and line plots from the Low Energy Magnetospheric Measurement System (LEMMS) and CHarge Energy Mass Spectrometer (CHEMS) particle detectors. The instrument health and safety data are restricted to Cassini team members, while the calibrated science data are available to all.
The CassiniMIMI app provides easy access to some of Cassini browse products that are currently in NASA’s publically accessible Planetary Data System (PDS). For some products, the public is now able to see the most up-to-date plots produced on a daily basis. Also, the public now has access to new MIMI data products that are only in the process of being released to PDS.
The publically available browse products are selectable by source, type, date, style, plots, and movies. Click on the link below to checkout a description of the public menu selections, highlights of the display, samples of public plots and movies, what’s shown in the icon, and links to supporting links, including the Cassini MIMI website, instrument user’s guide, and archive at PDS.
- Energetic Neutral Atom Movies are added to both the public and team menus. On the movie screen, a double tap toggles between an enlarged and a normal sized image, and a single tap brings the progress bar in and out of view. The movie legend is best viewed in iPhone’s landscape orientation, enlarged and without the progress bar.
- The forward arrows and backward arrows now skips over days with no plots or movies. You can still see what is on a specific day by selecting the date on the date wheel.
- In iPhone’s landscape orientation, a tap will make the header appear or disappear. Besides giving you the date, interval, number of plots, and page number, the header enables you to search for the previous or next plot.
- LEMMS: PHA Spectrograms and Multiple Sensors: Pressures plots are added back into the APL Public Daily Plots menu.
- A pop up message appears if there is no plot or movie, before or beyond a date.
- When there is no plot, a list of possible reasons is now shown on the screen.
- In poor network conditions, error messages are shown to the user
- 19.9 MB
- Update Date:
Safe to Download