Chainring helps you quickly calculate all necessary characteristics of your fixed-gear or single speed bikes like a ratio, a number of skid patches, development, gear inches, and a recommended number of chain links.
The ratio of chainring teeth to rear sprocket teeth means how many times your rear wheel turns with each revolution of pedals.
Value predicts how many spots (skid patches) will wear on a rear tire while a rider brakes with one foot or both feet (ambidextrous skidder).
Development is a distance that a bicycle travels with every revolution of pedals.
Values typically range from 20 (very low gearing) via 70 (medium gearing) to 125 (very high gearing). Low gearing is for going up hills, and high gearing is for going fast.
Value shows the recommended number of chain links for a regular chainstay length of the track frame.
All graphics in the app are carefully drawn and animated with love to details. The prototype of the design was my bike, which I built on my own with components of Cinelli, Campagnolo, and a bit of Dura-Ace.
You're always welcome to contact me and share your ideas. I'll appreciate that.
• Improved UX by adding the tap on the value of chainring or sprocket to open a customization screen.
• iOS 13 Support. Yeah, I know there were some troubles with titles on Settings and Sprocket&Chainring list customization.
• Removed Facebook SDK, the app became smaller. Honestly, I even don't know why I added that. Say No to any advertising tracking. Yeah! By the way, have you noticed that Chainring is too small? If yes, good for you. I believe that small apps are useful.
• Made slighter a request to rate the app. Pal, I know it's annoying, but I need your stars!
That's all. As usual, don't be shy and write me a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cheers.
No more boring scrolling! Just go to Settings -> Chainrings or Sprockets and get rid of all you don't need. Or you are free to add more chainrings or sprockets.
That makes calculations bloody rapid!
There are some updates:
• I added extended information about each setting. Hope it's useful for you.
• Maximum sprocket is 34T now. It's for the friends of Colin :)
• It seems there was some bug with sharing. I fixed something, hope it works now :) Thanks for letting me know, Peter.
• Adjusted step size for Chainstay Length. Now it's 5mm or 0.2 inches. It's just no to make you scroll a lot.
• And for sure, I've fixed some bugs.
Love you, guys. You inspire me to improve Chainring.
• Now you can share your result. Don't hesitate to grace your Instagram feed with a beautiful picture. BTW Sharing is caring!
• Extended the supported sprockets up to 32T. I have no idea how sprockets of those sizes look like, but Colin asked, and I've done.
PS. Thanks for all of you who've dropped a line telling me how to make Chainring better. You must know that Chainring has been created for you. I anxiously need your ideas.
It's fixed now, thanks to Peter who found that.
I've been working for almost four weeks to get this done. Here is a list of updated items:
• Finally, you can customize a wheel of your bike. There are presets for rim diameters and tire sizes;
• You can set a chainstay length to calculate a recommended cumber of chain links correctly;
• The measurement units can be set separately despite the system's settings;
• I did some rearrangement of result screens. Now "Gear Inches" are the first one. You had asked, so I did that;
• More chainring and sprocket sizes were added. Enjoy calculations for chainrings up to 66T.
Thank you, guys, for all your support and ideas.
There are some updates:
• There are descriptions for every calculated value. It became much easier to understand the meaning of them.
• Improved visualization of skid patches. Now if you're an ambidextrous skidder, you'll see additional skid patches only if they're possible for these pair of chainring and sprocket.
• Minor UI updates to make the app more user-friendly.
• Added request for review so you can rate the app with one tap.
• Fixed bug when you tapped the up and down arrows, and the results weren't updated. Not it's ok, enjoy!
Thanks for using Chainring.
- 1.2 MB
- Update Date:
- Oleksii Osynovskyi
Safe to Download