The game gives a unique wargaming experience on iPhone and iPad and includes 14 historical battles from the American Civil War in 1862, thirteen of which can be played as either side. Five additional campaigns featuring many more historical battles are also available via in-app purchase.
Key Game Features:
● High Definition Civil War Era Graphics.
● 8 Mission 'Tutorial' campaign.
● 5 Mission 'Fix Bayonets' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Steel and Thunder' campaign.
● All missions can be played as both sides (except the tutorial).
● 8 Unique Civil War Units:
- Infantry with Muskets.
- Infantry with Rifled Muskets.
- Naval Gunboats.
- Dismounted and Mounted Cavalry.
● Four classes of infantry - Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
● Different infantry formations: unformed, line for shooting and column for charging!
● Detailed Combat Analysis.
● Flank Attacks .
● Strategic Movement.
● Hours of Gameplay.
● Universal App (Works on iPhone & iPad).
Purchasable Extra Content:
● 8 Mission 'Colossus' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Fresh Troops' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Death and Glory' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Broken Line' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Shot and Shell' campaign comprising a series on non-historical game challenges.
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2013 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd. © 2013 HexWar Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Fix: Improved hex tile Positioning accuracy.
Fix: Minor bug fixes.
Add: Game Speed options in Settings which includes 3 settings Standard, Slow and Fast.
Change: iPhone and iPad: Major improvement to the map zoom feature (use two finger pinch to zoom in/out).
Changed: iPhone and iPad: The game is now optimised to used all the available screen space at the best screen resolution for each device.
- One some newer devices the game image was stretched.
- On some newer devices the game had a black border.
Note: An update is in development to better support the space around the 'notch' and the curved displays on iPhone X, Xr and Xs models.
Change: Game performance is much faster and graphical execution smoother.
Add: The ability to unlock all scenarios in the settings menu.
Add: Change log for all updates in the latest edition of the game.
Add: Change log to the help menu."
Fixed graphics issues with some bridges.
If you enjoy Civil War: 1862, be sure to check out our latest hex strategy game Rebels & Redcoats that is available on the iPad now!
- Added new hill texture
Civil War: 1862 is now also available on the Mac App Store!
Fixed: Hex highlighting on hills.
Fixed: Issued identified with the follow missions
- Hatchie's Bridge
- Lone Jack
- First Rappahannock
- Oak Grove
- Beaver Dam Creek
- Cedar Mountain
- Glorieta Pass
- Fort Donelson: Break-Out
- Peters Hill
- Front Royal
- Cane Hill
- Oak Grove
- Cross Keys
- Gaines' Mill
Fix: Tents no longer cause damage in close combat.
Fix: If a unit charged through a friendly general, then abandoned its charge due to Impact Support Shooting, it would not merge with the general properly.
Add: New hill terrain.
Fixed: Mission terminology consistency.
Various bug fixes and improvements.
Fix: Wrong sound effects for the Monitor.
Fix: Infantry could go unformed while standing on a bridge.
Fix: Improved reliability on older devices such as iPad 1.
Change: Renamed McDowell to Bull Pasture.
Various minor bug fixes and improvements.
- 323.6 MB
- Release Date:
- Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.
Safe to Download
AppPure.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. The download link of this app will be redirected to the official App Store site, thus the app is original and has not been modified in any way.Got it