Without the hardware, you are able to use the application in DEMO mode to access the various features for evaluation.
Go to http://www.dashboss.com to purchase ...
Use your iPhone® or iPod touch® to monitor and measure your vehicle’s health and performance!
The new DashBoss™ is a very compact WIRELESS Bluetooth intelligent combination of technology and portability capable of turning any iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch® into a complete data-logging gauge package for your car or truck. DashBoss™ consists of a small Bluetooth "gateway" module and an Apple® iPhone® "App". The gateway plugs into the diagnostic port under the dash. Installation takes seconds and requires no tools! DashBoss will work on any CAN-based vehicle which means it will work on any car or truck made after 2007 and most vehicles made after 2005.
* Calculate precise 0 to 60 and ¼ mile times
* Calculate weather-corrected performance numbers
* Display hundreds of vehicle parameters in user configurable gauges
* Data log any parameter
* Set automatic alerts
* Diagnose trouble codes and clear check engine lights
* USE IN CONJUNCTION WITH OTHER BLUETOOTH DEVICES (Such as OnStar, handsfree calling, over the air music syncing, etc.) Dashboss plays "nice" with all other Bluetooth certified devices
No more trips to the dealer to reset that pesky light!
* Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes(DTCs) and RESET THEM!
* With a simple touch of the screen on your iPhone® or iPod touch®, retrieve the DTC code and it's description to help you diagnose and FIX the problem yourself!
* Use the STEP BY STEP "wizard" to do GM bi-directional diagnostics procedures such as Crank Angle Sensor (CASE) Relearns when swapping ECU modules.
* Real Time Dashboard and One Touch DataLogging!
* Intuitive Dashboard displays allow you to monitor things at a glance!
* Easy to read ANALOG style gauges
* Customizable gauges can be set to any parameter, in any combination, for any vehicle with a few simple touches of the screen. Analog needle sweeps and high contrast faces make it easy to read parameters and determine operating limits at a GLANCE!
DIGITAL style numeric readouts
* Analog gauges also include a DIGITAL readout for the ultimate in precise readings.
* Record what you see with a touch of the screen
* Simply touch the RECORD button on the dashboard screen at any time to start and stop data logging sessions.
* Multiple dashboards at the flick of the finger
* You aren't limited to just one tiny gauge screen! Flick side to side and you'll see MORE view chioces with configurable gauges and readouts, much like turning your head when looking at your car dashboard. It's very natural, error free and quick to see other parameters quickly.
... and it doesn't stop there! Including:
Share your results with others via email
* Real-time weather
* User configurable ALERTS to warn you of things BEFORE they become a problem
Measure your vehicle's acceleration CORRECTED FOR ATMOSPHERIC CONDITIONS!
DashBoss™ uses our PATENT PENDING AccuPerformance system to acquire vehicle data, weather data, and performance data and integrate them all to provide accurate results. As long as you have 3G/Edge/Wifi coverage, DashBoss™ will give you up to the minute atmospheric conditions and use them to calculate air density, density altitude and performance corrections in real time!
Measure your ride, just like the magazines!
DashBoss™ provides you with a battery of tests that you can use to measure the effects of traction, suspension, weather conditions, and modifications. See exactly HOW effective your combination is! Did that "mod" really work like advertised?
A Virtual Test Track ... at your finger tips! Capture Data Like a Pro! Interface with add-on devices!
DashBoss™ provides two input channels that allow you to use any of the common 0-5v sensors as additional real-time data sources.
- Added new scaling for several of the parameters to be easier to read and more intuitive on the Gauge/DashView
- Correct double unit labels on some parameters
- Small bug fixes
- Now allows you to email a MULTIPLATFORM version of your datalogs!
- LOG is now compatible in a graphic and interactive (click, zoom, turn on and off data items) on any modern browser (Android, iOS, MacOSX, Windows, etc.)
- All parameters on one graph!
- Also outputs CSV file for other types of custom manipulation in spreadsheets or other applications
- OLD Logs from previous saves can be imported into the new format (converted when you open them in the new App)
- Minor tweaks for iOS 11
- 29 bit CAN problem where we can drop a byte fixed (mostly Euro cars)
- 29 bit CAN DTC occasionally asking for 11 bit addresses
- Bluetooth performance improvement to fix App crash if screens are navigated too quickly
Details at https://www.dashboss.com/faqsupport/version-history-whats-new/
Fix for DTCs
New logic for firmware versions and Rev C
No new features. Bug fix only.
Fix for "scrambled" parameters in the new Digital Screen with Portrait view feature. Bug was introduced accidentally in 1.993.0 and this is the fix. Check Engine graphic for Digital Screen was wrong.
* NEW!!! You can now ROTATE the digital screen and it will let you use the phone vertically (Portrait)
* PID Picker clarified labels and category and PID DETAILS ... you see "Description" instead of a cryptic "I" or ">"
* More CAN modules are scanned for DTCs and returned DTCs are categorized with more info
* What's new "pop up" on App start up for first time
* Continued to enhance the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) scanning to hit more individual modules on the bus (like EABS, Stability module, etc.) and fix the erroneous timeout when a bad message is returned (some users were seeing it get to 99% and then timeout)
* Removed VIDEO OUT in CONFIG (no longer relevant with AirPlay and Mirroring in newer iOS versions)
* Analog to Digital (A2D) screen fixes for the anti-jitter setting sometimes randomly resetting or setting incorrectly if the screen scrolled or was refreshed
See the "CHEAT SHEET" for a quick refresher on DashBoss features
- What's new announcement
*** Changes to better support iOS 10 and new iOS devices being launched (which includes NEW GATEWAY FIRMWARE... PLEASE SEE BELOW!) ***
THIS UPDATE WILL REQUIRE FIRMWARE V1.71 or greater for the scaling features and ENHANCED DTCs detection to work! V1.70 or later is required to connect to iOS 10 devices!
iOS 9.3.5 and older devices will work fine with either the older V1.69-V1.70 or new V1.71 firmware
PLEASE SEE http://www.dashboss.com/tutorials/updating-the-gateway-firmware/ (Updating the Gateway Firmware) for tutorials on how to update your gateway to the latest firmware
- Capability to upload user defined backgrounds! Just go to CONFIG > CHANGE COLORS AND BACKGROUND > BACKGROUND (CHANGE IMAGE) ... this will bring up a "grid" of the preloaded backgrounds AND three user customizable slots for your own images (marked with a Camera Icon at the bottom of the grid). You can load the images either from your PHOTOS or your CAMERA ROLL.
- Extensive rework to support enhanced DTC detection to get more manufacturer specific DTCs (not just emissions related DTCs)
- HUNDREDS of new DTC definitions added and/or updated
- Additional DTC Clear functionality to clear any special module DTCs
- Dynamic graphics for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
-Fixed a problem where the AUDIBLE ALERTS always defaulted to ON.
-Fixed the Commanded Eq/Ratio (which affects Commanded AFR) scaling on certain vehicles so it reads correctly
-Fixed the MAP (which affects some GM boost readings) scaling on certain vehicles so it reads correctly
-Fixed O2 sensor scaling for vehicles with > 2 cylinder banks
-Fixed Anti-Jitter settings on some A/D screens (would always we be HIGH, despite user selection)
-Fixed occasional bluetooth crash when retrieving LOTS of DTCs at one time.
-Fixed occasional problems with audio when audible alerts are enabled
-Clean up, optimizations and bug fixes for iOS10
-Foundation for upcoming V2.0 replacement for the line charts (and new functionality for "heartbeat" chart in realtime data mode) was added
-See the "CHEAT SHEET" for a quick refresher on DashBoss features
- GM Injector Duty Cycle added
- Small correction to Ford EGR Temperature calculations
- Small additions to some PID detail descriptions and help
- Bug fixes and optimization
- Ford 6.7 Diesel EGR Temp (useful if doing EGR delete mods)
- Ford 6.7 Boost reworked to calculate accurately
- Injector Duty Cycle (IDC) for GM vehicles implemented in TEST mode for feedback
- Small fixes for latest iOS release
- Small changes to screens for ongoing compatibility with iOS devices
- Fixed a bug where if you changed the DashBoss alert volume in CONFIG, it turned off Audible Alerts when restarted
- Several small enhancements and stability fixes
The new version includes:
- Fix for an occasional "sticky" Alert yellow box not going away properly after being set up in the CONFIG
- Fix for GM Injector Pulse Width (IPW) being incorrectly displayed due to a rounding error
- Fix for instant fuel economy calculation in l/100km
- 2013 Dodge VIN combinations added to database
- Fix for Wide Band O2 sensor #2 gauge label error
- Add more detailed help for PSD 6.0 FICM/CAM/SYNC description when you choose detailed help when picking this PID
- Various "under the cover" tweaks for performance improvement
- Slight change to gauge colors/designs available in the CONFIG section
* Changes to accomodate iOS8 and the screen layouts for the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
* Reworked graphic features to dynamically size/place in different devices from iPhone 4s to latest iPhone 6
* "Sticky Alert" Feature added ... after an alert is sounded, a highlight box around the parameter that triggered it appears and stays for about a minute before fading away to give you a chance to see the alert if it's on a different gauge screen than you're viewing or if it was very momentary and you weren't logging
* GM Vehicles with custom E85 Operating Systems now shows Alcohol %
* Ford PowerStroke A/C status switches
* Diesel MPG added for PowerStroke
* New Gauge face colors/themes added
* New parameters for EcoBoost engines
* Ford PowerStroke MAF Voltage added
* GM Cylinder Air Mass added
* DuraMax LML boost added
* Diesel Instant Fuel Economy added
* Additional Gauge colors, backgrounds, options
* Forced Alcohol % for non-FlexFuel vehicles with FlexFuel OS flashed (GM)
* EcoBoost specific parameters added
* VIN recognition rework to make the early Ford PSDs more reliable (they don't return a VIN)
* Level 1 and 2 reset crash fixed
* Gauge background misalignment fixed
* Some pressure calculations were off slightly
- Saab Aero 9-7x and 9-7x support added
- Fixes to help VIN detection on certain Japanese models
- Small graphic enhancements
- Bug fixes
* Fixed icon issues
* Fix for Ford PSD 6.0 FICM Parameter detail being "scrambled"
* Several small performance enhancements
- Additional DuraMax Regen details in PID description details
- Fix for 0kb Log file when leaving Digital Screen and quitting the App without backing out
- You can now delete logs without having to back in and out of the screen for each file
- Logic to narrow down the "no VIN" cases even more to detect early Ford PowerStrokes more reliably
- Console logging for field data and troubleshooting without having to release a Beta each time
- Small bug fixes and tweaks
- Bug fixes
- Preparation for iOS7
- Audible Alert (turn on/off in CONFIG screen)
- GM Crate motors recognized
- New SCT Tuner IDs recognized
- Save log file automatically if interrupted by phone call
- New PID for Ford PSD Gear Selector Position
- New PID for Ford PSD EGR
- GM Trans Torque PID added
- New GM PIDs
- PowerStroke 6.7 REGEN status fixed
- iOS 5.1 crash fixed
- GM delivered torque negative numbers fixed
- Performance Tests crash for some devices with weather correction enabled
- Fix for PIDs scrambling on autoconnect once in a blue moon
- Fix for bad character in PIDs database
- Fix for Parm Picker background flicker in Tutorial overlay
- Ford PowerStroke parameters
* Glow Plug parameters
* New injector Control Pressure (ICP) parameters
* New Exhaust BackPressure fixes
- Tire Size calculator simplification and fixes
- NEW parameter picker SEARCH! Search by typing in parameter name and matches realtime
- Typos in parameter descriptions fixed
- NEW Ford PowerStroke Injector Controller Pressure calculated from the sensor (for tuned trucks)
- Additional ICP Voltages added for Ford PSD
- Improved Tire Size calculator and GUI. Now you can use Revs/mile as well as tire diameter for speedo correction
- Fix for downswipe with log active bug
- Exhaust Back Pressure (EBP) units and readings normalized
- New hints overlays for screens to include iPhone 5 screens
- 41.8 MB
- Release Date:
- iMiken, LLC
Safe to Download