The core techniques of Skimming, Scanning and Keywords are fundamental building blocks to better reading – without them, children are unable to make sense of pages of words, find information or improve their comprehension skills.
The ability to read well and confidently is a life-changing skill but many young people have missed vital steps along the way. As a consequence, they struggle to make sense of the huge and ever-growing mass of words around them.
The DigiSmart method is a big motivator, helping children to access text-based information with much greater ease and self-belief.
DigiSmart is designed for children coming towards the end of primary or elementary education who are either reading at or around the level expected of a 7 year-old, or who have fallen behind because they don’t read or don't yet have the habit of reading.
The app also supports students who need to catch up in reading in order to cope with the demands of the secondary curriculum.
Barriers are overcome because young people feel it’s cool to be DigiSmart so it’s cool to read.
TEACHERS: Ideal for use with whole classes, groups and individual children, plus children can use DigiSmart independently.
PARENTS: Valuable resource to encourage and support children’s reading at home.
• Powerful emphasis on core techniques to improve reading
• Grounded in solid teaching and learning principles
• Progressional with 5 Levels
• Stimulating Q&A format
• 250+ Question Bank full of variety and appeal
• Feedback for every answer so children feel guided and supported
• Engaging tutorials introducing each skill Level
• Scoring system to motivate and affirm
• Record of progress and achievement for completed Levels
• Questions sourced from 100+ original content pages
• User-friendly Guide
• Bonus content on authors, fiction and poetry
Safe environment for children and young people with no live links.
No third-party ads or in-app purchases.
- 187.5 MB
- Update Date:
- Curious Quo Limited
Safe to Download