Supported file type include:
- djvu files (not secure djvu though, which are encrypted djvu files, indirect files only if all parts are in the same folder)
- pdf files
- txt, rtf, doc files
- epub library management, browser and reader
- chm documents (2.0.0)
- zip creation and unzipping
- image files (gif, jpg, tiff)
- others will follow.
It has many features:
- Airdrop support
- In document search ability in djvu files (1.4.0).
- In app customization of main features (1.4.0).
- iTunes file sharing support
- Dropbox support
- iCloud support
- FTP server included which allows synchronization with your desktop structure
- import documents from other apps
- remember last read position
- usable bookmarks(outline) if available (in PDF and DjVu documents)
- editable bookmarks(outline) in DjVu documents
- send by email
- open in... feature to open documents with other apps
- search for a document in the folder structure
- Access to OCR layer with selectable text
- Dictionary available in all text modes with simple selection of expression
- tap left to advance and right to go back (or reverse to mimick oriental reading mode disabled since 2.0.0, will be reestablished soon)
- read by swiping
- and more to come...
Documents can be uploaded using iTunes, accessed from your Dropbox account, the included FTP server and using any free FTP client from your computer.
DjVu (pronounce "Déjà vu") is a compact and versatile document format. It is generally more compact than PDF (to 10 times smaller) and is very efficient to store scanned documents. There are a some large online libraries that provide a number of books in DjVu file format. The main source of information is to be found at djvu.org
Many documents are freely available in DjVu format, for example at www.archive.org. You may download them with Safari and open them with DjVu Reader.
If an outline is present it is displayed and can be used to access the outlined parts of the document. The outline is editable so to permit to browse with ease through the document.
A slider allows to paginate rapidly and conveniently to any point of the document.
DjVu documents are generally made of pictures of actual books or documents that are processed in DjVu format. So DjVu documents are image based, where each image represent a full page. So pages are like the genuine one and shown as a full image. Browsing through a DjVu documents is then a page by page image browsing.
DjVu Reader permit a browsing of most DjVu Documents that you may find. (Tapping left or right will turn the pages: soon...) Tapping on the center will toggle full screen viewing.
PDF documents are supported. Outline in PDF documents is usable to browse rapidly through the document when available. Not all PDF documents have an outline though.
Position in opened documents is remembered the next time you open it.
You can contribute to the future of the app by suggesting improvements. I will do my best to include the one I can manage.
I use DjVu Reader regularly and have made this app to be able to read the documents I have. So I will try to make this app as versatile as possible.
The Help contains more use explanations and some future improvements that were asked or that I want to implement.
Other fil types will be added in next releases.
-improved and corrected some bugs while zooming on pdf and djvu documents.
-corrected the dialog that allowed to write the name of new folders (did not show up).
-corrected the dialog allowing to modify a bookmark or an outline.
-the FTP dialog appears now when starting the FTP Server.
- search feature in document update (also available for PDF documents in iOS11.0+)
- Corrected a bug in outline display
- Corrected a bug that appeared when displaying file with only two or three pages
- Corrected a bug in folder management.
- iCloud problem corrected.
- Outline & bookmarks managements restored and improved for DjVu and PDF (no outline modifications for PDF) documents.
- Improvemements for CHM handling.
- rotations corrected.
Increased the range of enlargements of fonts for CHM documents.
In all document viewers, double tap in the central region toggle the navigation and tool bars on and off.
Initial support for native 64-bit devices.
Corrected browsing problems in landscape and upside-down modes for PDF and Djvu documents.
Corrected some button colors for iOS 6 and below.
When renaming an object the old name is proposed to correct
Fixed some problems with chm documents, single tap follows links, double tap brings menus.
Now, when reading any type of document double tapping will bring the menu
Fixed a bug in which after taping the right border from the second page, brought to the fourth page, missing the third.
Fixed crash with iClound under iPhone, when trying to download or evict documents.
Fixed some problems with chm documents.
Paging option added in preferences (enabled by default).
Colors changed to improve readability.
This will be the last version running on iOS 5, since Apple does not support iOS 5 on Xcode 5 on Mavericks.
-Fixed encoding selection for chm documents.
-Tries to find a cover for chm documents.
To use the Epub library, put all your epub documents into the EPub folder in the main Documents folder.
-Bookmarks and outlines for pdf and djvu documents are now editable on iPhone too.
- Outline sync bugs corrected.
- Corrected a bug which prevented the correct display of pages in a djvu document after a jump if some pages are blank.
- Added Undo and Redo to iPhone interface for pdf and djvu reading.
- Continuous scrolling improved.
- Zoomin improved
- use of slider to navigate improved
- outlines are now in sync with the documents
-fit/fill button for djvu and pdf
- Corrected a bug in the display of pdf documents.
- Initial iPhone port.
- Major enhancements.
- Support for other ebook format: CHM files are supported.
- In CHM file browsing, when no bars are visible, just scroll past the border to go to the next page.
- Continuous browsing of PDF and DjVu documents.
- iOS 5.0 to 7.0+ supported.
- Various bugs corrected.
- Luminosity problem corrected.
- Corrected a bug in where after some blank pages, the zoom factor was doubled.
- Many bugs corrected in the Epub Library operations.
- 19.1 MB
- Release Date:
- Guglielmo Pasa
Safe to Download