The basic principle of the app is that writing / typing a word is a powerful way to learn words.
There are two dictionaries that can be used in practicing English words: Categories and Common Words.
There are 48 different categories of 10 words each. Examples of categories are:
The list of common words (almost 1000 in the full version, 500 in the free version) is based on the most common English words. This way the acquired vocabulary is immediately useful.
For both dictionaries, a number of exercises can be done:
- Flash: An English word is shown for 1 second and then will disappear. The word must be typed. This exercise will help in learing how to spell English words.
- Translate English to native language: An English word is shown and the native translation must be typed. This exercise is only available of the native language isn't English.
- Translate native language to English: A Word is shown in the native language and the English translation must be typed.
- Dictation: In the dictation exercise an English word is pronounced and this word must be typed. If the pronunciation of the word could not be heard, the volume button can be used to hear the word again. For dictation, it is required that there is an internet connection available. For all other exercises this is not needed.
- Exam: Once all the exercises have been completed, it is possible to start an exam. In an exam you get 50 random words and you graduate if you made less than 10 mistakes. Exams can always be re-done.
In the free version adds are present and almost 100 words are available in the category and common words dictionaries.
With an upgrade to the pro version the adds will disappear and the common words directory will have almost 1000 words.
Text to speech is Powered by iSpeech ©
- 5.4 MB
- Release Date:
- Rudie Ekkelenkamp
Safe to Download
AppPure.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. The download link of this app will be redirected to the official App Store site, thus the app is original and has not been modified in any way.Got it