Ethercache is a mobile app that allows you to store hidden messages across the planet, a modern twist on geocaching.
Just give it a try. We think you'll love it.
How to use Ethercache:
1) Physically go to the place you wish to hide your message.
2) Open Ethercache on your iOS device.
3) Touch the "+" button and wait for the purple pin to drop.
4) Give your new ethercache a name, and optional message by touching the info button.
5) Move your ethercache around a little bit - but not too far!
6) "Embed" your ethercache in the aether.
7) Your ethercache is now available at that location for anyone to find.
8) Have fun!
Q: Just what is Ethercache good for?
A: Ethercache is fun! You can use it for a scavenger hunt, to supplement a geocaching trip, or just to have fun with your friends and family.
Q: Who uses this thing???
A: People all around the world! In the country and in the city, there are user-generated ethercaches in dozens of countries across 6 continents (we're still waiting for someone to leave an ethercache at the south pole!).
Q: How does it work?
A: When you 'embed' an ethercache, it is actually linked to your current geolocation and stored on a server. Later on, when someone searches in that location, they find the ethercache! So, in order for Ethercache to work properly, your iOS device must be GPS- and Internet-enabled.
Q: Will Ethercache steal all my personal data?
A: No! What you choose to leave behind will be available to anybody to find, but apart from that, we don't use or store any personally identifiable information. And none of the messages you enter are stored on your device.
- 1.4 MB
- Update Date:
Safe to Download