It measures distances larger than 100 ft / 30m with good accuracy and uses metric or imperial units.
When you use the odometer, you can hold it in your hand or chest pocket or back pocket. This is an advantage compared to a pedometer, whose accuracy depends much on where they are placed on the body. Pedometer sensitivity must also be set in order for it to work at all. GPS meters, like this one, only require a good GPS reception. This means that they work well outdoors, everywhere except in tunnels and caves.
MegaTape works on iPhones and iPads with GPS receivers. It supports both portrait and landscape screen modes on the iPad.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Here is a list of use cases for this app.
- You are out walking with your children and you want to see how fast they can run 100 meters. You start this app on your iPhone and measure 100 meters. Then you use the iPhone's stopwatch to time the runs.
- You want to measure the distance from where you stand, along a straight line to an object. The object may be obscured completely by a building.
- You want to measure the length of a boundary.
- You want to measure walking distance to school and how long it takes.
- You want to measure how far you've cycled and how long it took.
- You want to measure the exercise track's actual length.
This app together with the GPS receiver in your iPhone / iPad is ideal for these measurements.
Other use cases:
- You want to measure the width of a river or lake. Put MegaTape in tape measure mode and wait for good GPS reception. Start measuring and sit in the car. Drive over the bridge that is perhaps a kilometer away and drive to the other side of the river, and read the measuring tape.
- You want to measure the amount of fishing line on your reel. Put the reel in neutral, put the app in tape measure mode and wait for good GPS reception, grab the line and go.
- You want to measure your walkie-talkie's range in the area. Put the app in tape measure mode and wait for good GPS reception. Start measuring while holding contact with someone with the other walkie-talkie, until it disappears in the noise, and then read the tape measure.
There have been negative reviews we'd like to comment on. One review says it's "hopelessly inaccurate". This is not correct. Please remember that it's very important to wait for good GPS reception and THEN to start measuring. Do as follows:
1) Wait for good GPS reception. You'll see the indicator in the top right corner turn green when reception is good.
2) Press the Reset-button to zero the distance indicator.
Now you're ready to go and MegaTape will give you an accurate measurement. The built-in help-page also contains this information. Press the app's i-button to read the help-page.
- 38.1 MB
- Update Date:
- Proctele AB
Safe to Download
AppPure.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. The download link of this app will be redirected to the official App Store site, thus the app is original and has not been modified in any way.Got it