Download the FREE app and view selected topics
- Approximately 10% of the content is viewable in the free app and tapping on the locked topic will launch the in-app purchase screen.
Handbook of Veterinary Anesthesia is a convenient, complete and practical resource for administering safe and effective anesthesia to small and large animals, including exotic pets. This latest update is based on the 4th edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
Long valued by students and practitioners alike, this resource features all the practical and applied aspects of veterinary anesthesia, including patient evaluation, preanesthetic medications, local anesthesia and anesthetic techniques, and more. It describes drugs used perioperatively and their clinical applications in detail and pays special attention to complementary and integrative approaches to pain management.
- Anesthetic protocols for common procedures in each species
- Updated drug information and new pain management techniques
- A new section discussing the unique anesthetic considerations in cats and their clinical applications
- The latest information on local anesthesia drugs and techniques
- Expanded coverage of post-anesthetic care, monitoring and analgesic considerations
- New coverage of the use of constant rate infusion perioperatively
- Expanded coverage of euthanasia, including the most current AVMA guidelines for euthanasia techniques
- Key points and special considerations are now called out in section "Box" to highlight the most important and critical information for immediate access
- Comprehensive yet concise quick reference offering on-the-go, indispensable advice for anesthetic situations
- Dedicated chapters for cats and dogs, and the special needs and considerations of each species are expanded for more comprehensive coverage
- Old and outdated drugs have been eliminated, so the focus is not on the history of veterinary anesthesia but on important, current concepts and techniques
Based on: 4th Edition
Author : William W. Muir, III, DVM, MSc, DACVA, DACVECC, John A. E. Hubbell, DVM, MS, DACVA et.al.
Publisher : Mosby | Elsevier, Inc.
Locate a disease, symptom or medication in the fastest possible manner:
- Use "Spotlight Search" from Home screen
- Tap and Hold launch icon to open Last Topic, History, Favorites ..
- Navigate using multiple indices
- History to open frequently visited pages
NEVER FORGET ANYTHING:
Mark topics with relevant information:
- Rich-text notes
- Voice memos
- Annotations with scribble, doodle or text
You choose the method to note this regardless of the context you are in to ensure that the important facts are available whenever you access the topic, whether it is tomorrow or six months from now.
- UI/UX enhancement
- Minor bug fixes
- 47.4 MB
- Release Date:
- Skyscape Medpresso Inc
Safe to Download