A player steps into a virtual GP practice to improve the quality of life of patients with heart valve disease symptoms by increasing the patients ‘happiness score’. By playing the game, GPs are training in a systematic way to:
1. Assess patient medical history and ask appropriate questions about his/her symptoms
2. Perform a physical examination and auscultation: performing all tests necessary to detect the cause of the symptoms, including cardiac auscultation with the recognition of heart sounds typically found in patients with heart valve disease.
3. Make a diagnosis based on clinical history and results from physical examination
4. Make a provisional diagnosis and determine the appropriate referral pathway
To support learning, the cardiologist ‘avatar’ provides feedback on the players diagnosis and explains symptoms and signs of heart valve disease in more detail. The additional learning parts are theoretical pieces of information based on the current guidelines for GPs and cardiologists in the UK.
Education through gamification, enables aspiring GPs and GPs to use this as an effective learning tool.
- This update contains a usability questionnaire for players.
- 238.4 MB
- Release Date:
- Add-app BV
Safe to Download