Download the FREE app and view selected topics (Approximately 10% of the content is viewable in the free app and tapping on the locked topic will launch the in-app purchase screen).
Author: Linda Skidmore-Roth, RN, MSN, NP
Publisher: Mosby | Elsevier, Inc.
Mosby's Handbook of Herbs & Natural Supplements provides the busy health care provider with detailed information for approximately 300 commonly used herbal products and natural supplements, including 20 herbal products and natural supplements. It incorporates authoritative information on common names, pronunciations, scientific names, origins, uses (reported and investigational), forms, dosages, contraindications, side effects and adverse reactions, interactions with herbs, drugs, foods, and lab tests, client considerations, pharmacology (pharmacokinetics, chemical components and actions) and references for every drug. With the increased usage of herbal therapies enjoyed by individuals, this resource is packed with easy-to-find herbal information and is a must-have for any clinician.
Reviewed by nurses and herbalists alike, this authoritative resource presents herb and supplement profiles in a convenient, A-Z format for fast reference. Updated, streamlined design helps you find information quickly, and a new systematic pregnancy and breastfeeding classification offers the latest guidelines for this special client population.. This latest update is based on the 4th edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates!
- A pregnancy classification system from the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration allows you to analyze herbs individually and provides a consistent formula to decide which herbs should be used
- Updated content throughout includes the latest uses, actions, dosages, contraindications, side effects/adverse reactions, interactions, pharmacology, alerts, and references
- Pediatric Herbal Use appendix covers uses, guidelines, and expanded pediatric and adolescent information for 32 herbs
- Drug/Herb Interaction appendix lists known drug and herb interactions for herbs included in the handbook to ensure client safety
- Updated references and information from new studies make this a reliable source for herbal content
- Alert icons warn you of potentially dangerous reactions that could threaten your clients’ health
- Popular Herb, Pregnancy, and Pediatric icons help you find relevant content quickly for common herbs and herbs for special populations
- Includes a Pediatric Herbal Use appendix with general guidelines and cautions regarding use of herbs in children
- Features a Drug-Herb Interaction Table to supply information on known drug-herb interactions
- A comprehensive index of herbal terms allows you to look up an herb by its common or scientific name, as well as by condition
- Provides a Glossary of herbal terms to clarify dose and form terminology unique to herbals and natural supplements
- Lists Poison Centers to aid in obtaining help quickly for potentially lethal use of plant products
- Identifies Herb-Lab Test Inter.....
Locate a disease, symptom or medication in the fastest possible manner:
- Use "Spotlight Search" from Home screen
- Tap and Hold launch icon to open the Last Topic, History, Favorites
- Navigate using multiple indices
- History to open frequently visited pages
NEVER FORGET ANYTHING:
Mark topics with relevant information:
- Rich-text notes
- Voice memos
- Annotations with scribble, doodle or text
You choose the method to note this regardless of the context you are in to ensure that the important facts are available whenever you access the topic, whether it is tomorrow or six months from now.
- UI/UX enhancement
- Minor bug fixes
- 47.4 MB
- Update Date:
- Skyscape Medpresso Inc
Safe to Download
AppPure.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. The download link of this app will be redirected to the official App Store site, thus the app is original and has not been modified in any way.Got it