Developed with an international panel of experienced stoma care nurses, this tool has been designed to provide a simple patient assessment methodology to determine the need for a flat or convex barrier. The tool was created to assist both the experienced and novice clinician.
FLAT OR CONVEX? WHY IT’S IMPORTANT
Fit is a critical element in the world of ostomy care. A good seal around the stoma helps prevent leakage; a factor that can directly impact skin health. For many people with ostomies, achieving a good fit around the stoma can be challenging.
ASSESS WITH EASE
Simple questions with multiple-choice answers to assess stoma type, body condition and more, guide you through the patient assessment.
VIEW IMAGES FOR REFERENCE
You will have access to images within the tool to help guide your answers, as well as a full image library to reference at any time.
GETTING THE SCORE
The tool will quickly tally your answers and determine if your patient requires a barrier with or without convextity. You will also have a summary of your answers and are able to view and download the full report for future reference.
NOW YOU CAN BE SURE
For several decades, convex ostomy products have often been utilized to help improve patient outcomes, but a simple patient assessment methodology to determine its need has been lacking. Now you have the supportive evidence you need when making barrier-type decisions.
Hollister Education is your trusted source for innovative educational solutions that support the expert care you provide. You can rely on evidence-based, current, and accurate information.
THE CONVEXITY ADVISORY BOARD
Hollister Incorporated would like to acknowledge the Convexity Advisory Board who authored the FIT(Fit Indicator Tool):
• Sandrine Diallo, RN, ET, Private Community Practitioner, Cagnes, France
• Colleen Drolshagen, RN, CNS, CWOCN, Cadence Health, Winfield, IL USA
• Juliette Fulham, BSc, SCN, RGN, Wexham Park Hospital, Slough, England
• Jo Hoeflok, RN(EC), BSN, MA, CETN(CN), CGN(C), St. Michaels Hospital, Toronto, Canada
• Julia Kittscha, RN, BHSc, STN, MN (Research), Wollongong Hospital, New South Wales, Australia
• Mariló Ruiz, RN, ET, Hospital Valme, Seville, Spain
• Joy Boarini, BSN, MSN, WOC Nurse, Hollister Incorporated, Libertyville, IL USA
• Diane Owen, BSN, MBA, Hollister Incorporated, Libertyville, IL USA
• Paris Purnell, RN, STN, Hollister Incorporated, Victoria, Australia
- 19.7 MB
- Release Date:
- Hollister Incorporated
Safe to Download