More than 5 million children have learned to read with Hooked on Phonics. With the help of early childhood education experts, we have enhanced the Hooked on Phonics App greatly with this launch, and are utilizing the most cutting edge research to most effectively teach early reading skills. We have included machine-learning algorithms to give children more practice in areas where they are struggling, and will give parents better insight into how their children are progressing with brand new reporting features.
• Perfect for preschool, kindergarten, and 1st grade readers (ages 3-7).
• Correlates to federal and state reading proficiency standards into 2nd grade.
• Over 250 songs, award-winning videos, interactive games, reading lessons, & ebooks.
• Earn virtual awards and achievements.
• 100+ ebook library with stories to complement every lesson.
• Use on multiple devices – pick up where you left off, no matter where you are.
• Add multiple readers and track their progress individually.
Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read contains 36 progressive lessons featuring leveled learning activities that cover key building blocks of reading: short vowels, simple plurals, simple compound words, beginning and ending consonant digraphs and blends, two-syllable words, and sight words.Each lesson concludes with a story specially written with the words just learned. Your child will read this book, proudly, on their own.
If your child is in Pre-K, has not quite mastered the alphabet and letter sounds, or they are struggling with Step 1 of the Learn to Read program, The Pre-reader section may be a good place to start. The Pre-reader section is an exciting preschool learning program that introduces pre-readers to the alphabet and letter sounds – critical skills they’ll need to begin Step 1 of the Learn to Read program.
WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD:
Hooked on Phonics is FREE TO TRY. Step 1 of Learn to Read (includes 3 lessons), and the first episode of Pre-reader are unlocked and available for download immediately. Try it before you buy it, and experience the joy of your child reading their first book.
- Hooked on Phonics provides a 7-day free trial, which upon completion, becomes a monthly subscription charged to the user’s iTunes account
- Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user by going to account settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
Practice Pack Program:
What sets Hooked on Phonics apart from other reading apps is the option to include complementary Practice Packs that help a child develop concepts of print, as well as appealing to even more types of learners with off-the-page, hands-on ideas for deeper learning at home. Built using feedback from education experts and our customers, the Practice Pack program includes 5 Pre-reader, and 12 Learn to Read packs that include workbooks, stickers, storybooks, and in the first Pre-reader pack, flashcards that are sent to the home, monthly. Users can customize how often they receive these shipments through their account dashboard to tailor the pacing to each family’s needs. Created in conjunction with the App, the Practice Packs allow children to engage in different modalities of learning, review the skills they’ve gained in the App, and practice hands-on skills—like writing and tracing—that can’t be mastered in a digital setting. The result is an immersive program of learning experiences that keeps kids highly engaged in learning to read.
Resolved issue where some users reported progress not saving
Resolved issue where some users reported previously played content becoming locked
Implemented steps to support users who are having crashing issues while loading content
Fixed critical loading issue
Resolved issue where some users got stuck on a loading screen
- Improved Pre-Reader Review Game
- Various Bug Fixes
Improved Performance and reward progression
Fixed Games Room availability and other minor issues
- Reward updates
- Enhanced user experience and onboarding to ensure children start at the appropriate place in the learning continuum
- A brand new Pre-reader section with robust instruction in letter names, letter sounds and pre-reading skills like rhyming
- Algorithmic learning to identify trouble areas and automatically tailor review to a child's current skills
- New music and free-play rooms to encourage practice
- 100+ new animated videos
- New e-books to enhance our existing digital library
- Fixing the sound issue – Now all the sounds and songs and sounds in the app will play without issue
- Progress Saving – We’ve squashed some pesky bugs to ensure your data and progress will always save cross device
- Login issues – Customers who were having trouble accessing content, need to fret no more!
- New Ebook Library
- Pre-K Curriculum called The Big Reading Show
• Brand new word games, videos, and ebooks
• New and improved awards and trophies to earn and display
• Improved app performance and responsiveness
• New parents portal
- 291.8 MB
- Update Date:
- Hooked on Phonics
Safe to Download
AppPure.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. The download link of this app will be redirected to the official App Store site, thus the app is original and has not been modified in any way.Got it