It is important for early readers to instantly recognize these sight words / instant words / high frequency words in order to become proficient and fluent readers. Fry's Instant Words are the most common words used in reading and writing in the English language and are ranked in order of frequency.
Dr. Fry's research resulted in the following findings:
- 25 words make up approximately one-third of all published text.
- 100 words comprise approximately 50% of all of the words found in publications.
- 300 words make up approximately 65% of all written material.
It is recommended that:
- The first 100 words should be mastered by Grade 1.
- The second 100 words should be mastered by Grade 2.
- The third 100 words should be mastered by Grade 3.
- The remaining lists (words 301 - 1000) should be mastered in Grades 4 - 5.
- Includes words 1 - 500
- Simple and colorful
- Develops reading, spelling and language skills
- Enriches vocabulary
- Easy swipe feature to advance cards or auto advance after correct answer
- Hear the word read aloud by tapping the word
- Keep track of number of correct and incorrect words
- Aligned with the Common Core Standards
- No in-app purchases
- No ads
Teach Speech Apps encourages learning side-by-side with an engaged adult.
Teach Speech Apps does not collect personal information. To learn more, visit : http://www.teachspeechapps.com/privacy-policy.html
Email Teach Speech Apps with questions or feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find / Like / Follow us:
Facebook: Teach Speech Apps, LLC
- 5.1 MB
- Release Date:
- Teach Speech Apps, LLC
Safe to Download