IV Therapy Helper is an application specially for setting the flow rate in an easy way
and checking to see the ongoing flow rate precisely. In addition, you can see how much time is left during IV treatment.
Before using it, select a drop factor based on the drop factor of your 'giving set' for the infusion on the set-up screen.
Features and functions
1. Setting the flow rate
SettingⅠ mode- For the total volume and the total time for the infusion. (hour and minutes)
Setting Ⅱ mode- For the flow rate (ml/hr) or drip rate (drops/min).
1) Select the [SettingⅠ] or ,[SettingⅡ] icon on the main screen.
2) SettingⅠ mode- Enter the total volume and the total time you wish to set.
Setting Ⅱ mode- Enter the flow rate or drip rate you wish to set.
3) Touch ‘Set flow rate’ button.
4) The drip interval is calculated and shown on the screen,
Then an audio effect of its own calculated interval like a metronome in music,
is created to adjust the actual drips at the corresponding sound interval with the roller clamp or the IV flow regulator.
2. Checking the flow rate
The IV Therapy Helper checks to see the ongoing flow rate.
1) Touch the [Check] icon on the main screen
2) Tap the screen consecutively over 4 times, each time a drip falls from the drip chamber.
3) See a display of the ongoing flow rate and drip rate on the screen,
and make corrections if necessary.
3. Treatment time and timer
The IV Therapy Helper calculates the residual treatment time and shows the real time information with an alarm ringing at the end of the IV therapy.
After setting or checking the flow rate
1) Entering the residual volume in the volume box.
2) Touch the [Timer Registration] button
3) Input the ID and NAME on the screen.
4) Touch the [Registration] button for real time information.
4. Calculating the flow rate
The IV Therapy Helper calculates the flow rate in compliance with the prescribed rate of drug administration. [drug dose / body weight or BSA(m²) / hour or minute]
5. Calculating drug dosage to mix into the fluid.
The IV Therapy Helper calculates drug dosage and quantities of ampoules to mix into the fluid according to the prescribed rate of drug administration. [drug dose / body weight or BSA(m²) / hour or minute]
6. Rate conversion
The IV Therapy Helper interactively calculates a flow rate to convert from the change of flow rate or rate of drug administration based on the relation between the flow rate and rate of drug administration.
*The IV Therapy Helper is developed for the educational purpose to enhance the IVIC (IV infusion controller, hand held device for helping IV therapy ), produced by HANVIT MD co., Ltd. Results after its use totally rely on the user’s skill.
Since the IV Therapy Helper is not medical equipment, it should not be used in clinical setting.
HANVIT MD co., Ltd. is not responsible for any outcome that might arise during actual IV therapy with the IV Therapy Helper.
- 9.2 MB
- Release Date:
- HanVit MD
Safe to Download