* As featured on Japan Times: "Living in Japan: There's an app for that"
No need to have any knowledge of Japanese to use it.
Can analyze several words at a time.
It recognizes over 3000 (most frequent 95%) Japanese characters. Dictionary contains around 200000 common word entries and 700000 Japanese Proper Names.
Can be used as input method or to make flash cards.
* As of December 1, 2011 the Google Translate option will no longer give translations. This is due to a decision by Goggle to completely shut off the free translation service to all third party applications on that date.
* If the live camera mode is hard to use, the refresh rate can be set to "none". Tapping on screen gives instant translation.
* On devices without a camera it can only look up album photos.
* This app is over 30 MB in size. iTunes or Wifi download is recommended.
* Works best with clear images and good contrast, black text on white background and regular printed characters.
This package contains data from the EDICT and ENAMDICT dictionary files which are the property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group (http://www.edrdg.org), and are used in conformance with the Group's license.
- 32.6 MB
- Release Date:
- LucSens Oy
Safe to Download