Research shows significant progress when using the methodology of Kids Sound Lab (KSL) to promote correct articulation and literacy in beginning readers attending preschool and first grade. (Gudmundsdottir, 2014, Aevarsdottir, 2016). Consultants for Kids Sounds Lab are Dr. Barbara Hodson at Wichita State Univ., KS, and Dr. Katherine Abbot Verdolini at Univ. of Pittsburg, PA, both leading specialists in the field of articulation, phonology and voice.
- User friendly program for use by parents
- Voice recording and playback feature for monitoring immediate responses
- Each sound has three interactive game activities at the end of each level
- 24 Consonant Sounds in English introduced in a systematic way with emphasis on visual and auditory recall/memory for each consonant
- Descriptions of how to produce all sounds are provided by engaging characters Bonnie and Bobbie
CONSONANTS AND VOWELS
- Consonant sounds in the main menu listed in developmental order of sound acquisition
- Vowels introduced separately A - E - I - O - U as long vowels that say their own names and short vowels that do not say their own names
- A step by step approach is taken. Most consonant sounds are practiced in a sound play in CV > consonant – vowel syllables > so all sounds are produced correctly before they are put into words
- Sounds practiced at beginning of words*: /m, n, b, p, d, t, w, y, h, k, g, f, v, ng, ch, j, sh, s, z, l, r, voiceless and voiced th/
- Prevocalic and consonantal R is introduced and practiced (this is R followed by a vowel – which can be easier to remediate and use to shape other vocalic Rs later)
- The (ng, zh) sounds are practiced in the middle and end of words, as they do not occur at the beginning of words
- Voiced /th/ practiced at the beginning, middle and end of words
If you are buying the full version please choose Kids Sound Lab Pro.
The author; Bryndis Gudmundsdottir was awarded a "Special Recognition Award 2011" from Global Women Inventors and Innovators Network (GWIIN) for her innovative work in the field of speech pathology.
Kids Sound Lab, evolved through years of clinical work and studies in collaboration with Dr. Bernard Silverstein professor at UT Knoxville (d. 2003).
Kids Sound Lab has been shortlisted for the BETT Awards 2016, in the category Educational App.
Original pictures made by illustrators/graphic designers B.Kristjansson and H.S.Thorgeirsdottir
- Original music and rhythm by Vedis, Icelandic singer and composer
The Icelandic version of Kids Sound Lab is shown on Icelandic TV, Channel 2. The Icelandic Innovation Center supported Kids Sound Lab.
More information: www.kidssoundlab.com, Youtube.com/laerumogleikum,
Review on Educational App Store:
- 274.7 MB
- Release Date:
Safe to Download
AppPure.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. The download link of this app will be redirected to the official App Store site, thus the app is original and has not been modified in any way.Got it