The English language is peculiarly rich in synonyms. It has incorporated so many Latin, Greek, French, etc into its vocabulary so that it often has two or more words for an idea. This abundance of synonyms enables us to express varying shades of meaning.
Do you know what is the difference between "get", "obtain", "secure", "acquire", and "gain"? When to use "allay", "relieve", "alleviate", "lighten", "assuage", "mitigate"?
This app will help you to distinguish between synonyms such as "prevent", "hinder", "preclude", "forestall", "obviate". Each entry will show a list of synonyms and discuss their origin and their usage in different context.
If you are preparing for GRE, ACT or SAT exam, this app will help you to achieve high score on verbal test.
● Sources for this work:
- English Synonym Antonym by James Champlin Fernald
- English synonyms discriminated by William Taylor
- English Thesaurus Dictionary
- A Comprehensive Etymological Dictionary of the English Language by Ernest Klein
- English Word Origin Dictionary
- English Root Dictionary
- A Concise Anglo-Saxon Dictionary by Hall, J.R. Clark
● main features:
- bookmark and entry
- search for an entry
● write note
- You can write note for each entry
● create a list
- You can create a list and add an entry into that list
● If you want to give feedback or suggest a new feature, please use the feedback feature in the settings
- 16.7 MB
- Release Date:
- Trung Nguyen
Safe to Download
AppPure.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. The download link of this app will be redirected to the official App Store site, thus the app is original and has not been modified in any way.Got it