Using spatial field/energy data provided by the manufacturers of the modeled MR scanner hardware, the app functions as a 3D graphic simulator, using colors to visualize the distributions and relative spatial strengths of the invisible energies/magnetic fields present in MRI environments. Photorealistic avatars are customized in real time from user provided gender, height, and weight data to approximate the body habitus of the patient being modeled. 3D implants can be selected/created and labeled with FDA or user defined MR conditions of safety to reflect specific IDFB that may be on/in the patient being modeled. These implants can then be implanted in 3D into the app’s patient avatar in the same position/orientation in which the implant is found in that patient. The avatar is then brought into the MRI Room where an MR scanner/hardware components are selected to be modeled, matching the one to be used in real life in that site. The patient’s avatar is then positioned and centered in the MR scanner just as they would be for the requested MRI examination to be performed. The app then calculates and displays color tracks of the implant as the patient is advanced to the center of the scanner for imaging. If the fields/energies to which the implant will be exposed in the MR imaging process would approach or exceed published/defined maximum safety thresholds for that implant as the patient is advanced into the scanner, the trail and implant would turn yellow and then red, respectively. If the exposure levels to each of these energies/fields is well below published/defined safety thresholds, the implant and trail would be displayed as green.
At the touch of a button the app also produces a detailed, time/date stamped color coded report containing text, graphs, and 3D graphics, documenting the relative field exposure risks of performing the anticipated MR study in the MR scanner being modeled, providing precise feedback and even quantification of exposure levels to the various energies/fields used in the MR imaging process.
Thus, without requiring advanced MR safety expertise on the part of the user, a simple green, yellow, red display for each energy used in the MR environment helps the user instantly identify and even quantify relative risks of proceeding with a requested MR imaging study on a given patient, implant, MR scanner hardware, and MRI examination being modeled. The primary expertise required of the user is to know their patient (gender, height, weight), their implant and its labeling, the MR scanner hardware to be used, and the positioning to be used on that patient’s requested MR study. These are part of the normal expertise of the MR technologist/radiographer, the prime target user of this app. The detailed report generated by the app can then be electronically or hard-copy transmitted to the physician overseeing the MR imaging examination, who can then assess the relative potential risks of such MR exposure while weighing them against the potential benefits of proceeding with the requested MR imaging examination.
The MagnetVision™ app is a ground-breaking superb teaching tool to assess risks associated with MR imaging of IDFB. Users of the app will have taken their first steps towards changing the MR imaging industry by (for most users, perhaps for the very first time) formalizing and standardizing how MR safety risks are assessed, evaluated, and even quantified for patients with implants, devices, and foreign bodies who have been asked to undergo MR imaging examinations.
fixed white legend
fixed jumping plane
fixed white legend
fixed jumping plane
UpTo, DownTo, At, All, functionality when displaying Gauss Lines, B0 Lines, dB/dt Lines, dB/dx Lines, Force Product Lines
DSV (fourth iteration)
bug fixes and optimizations
minor bug fixes
- [ ] 3D gender, height, and weight based depictions of the patient avatar and the relative locations of each implant, device, and/or foreign body in the patient being modeled have now been added to the PDF report output
- [ ] The user can now Auto position implants that are imported into the Operating Room
- [ ] The user can now save the position of an implant and use that position as a default for all subsequent implantations of the same implant for subsequent patient avatars, both male and female
- [ ] Multiple GE scanner models and field strengths have been added/modeled
- [ ] For the first time the user can snow specify using the GE transmit receive head coil instead of the body coil for those GE scanners that have access to this hardware option.
- [ ] The user can now compare, with a single touch, the appearance of the transmitted RF (B1) magnetic fields using the head coil versus using the body coil for those GE hardware platforms for which a transmit receive head coil is available and modeled
- [ ] The user can now modify the displayed Window Widths (WW) and Window Levels (WL) for all energy fields displayed
- [ ] The user can select to display the energies/fields to user definable dual color display ranges as well as rainbow color scheme
- [ ] The user defined WW/WL settings and preferences can now be saved and recalled
- [ ] The "Force Product" energy/field has been added to the energy/field display capabilities
- [ ] The location(s) and spatial distribution of the maximum force product (FP) position for each modeled scanner can now be displayed in 3D
- [ ] The location(s) and spatial distribution of the maximum static magnetic field (Bo) position for each modeled scanner can now be displayed in 3D
- [ ] The location(s) and spatial distribution of the maximum magnetic spatial gradient (dB/dx) position for each modeled scanner can now be displayed in 3D
- [ ] The location(s) and spatial distribution of the maximum time varying gradient magnetic field (dB/dt) position for each modeled scanner can now be displayed in 3D
- [ ] The location(s) and spatial distribution of the maximum transmitted RF magnetic field (RF, or B1) for each modeled scanner can now be displayed in 3D
- [ ] The user can now specify a gauss strength and that value gauss line can be graphically depicted on the user adjustable 3-planes display in the MRI Room
- [ ] The user can now specify a gauss strength and that value can be graphically depicted as a 3D shell or a 3D wall in the MRI Room
- [ ] Augmented Reality (AR) has been added to the app enabling the use to generate any of the modeled MR scanners and hardware and perform almost all of the graphic output functionality available within the app in the AR environment as well.
- [ ] Auditory recordings of various MR imaging use sequences have also been added and can be selected and ordered within the app to "play" while in the AR environment.
- [ ] The interface for controlling the display and/or transparency of the MR scanner and its hardware components has been redesigned from the ground up and is now MUCH more user friendly, intuitive, and powerful.
- [ ] The user can now (via Preferences) select to activate a Helper (assistant) function which, when activated, guides them as to the minimal steps needed once entering into the MRI Room in order be able to generate a Risk Assessment Report
- [ ] The user can now Save/Load custom MRI Room camera view angle and settings states
- [ ] Using "3D Values" the user now has the ability to identify the precise value of an energy/field at any point in space in/around the MRI scanner(s) (on any of the 3 orthogonally oriented display planes) for any displayed energy/field in the MRI Room
- [ ] The collision detection engine for both physical constraints (i.e., "patient may be too large to fit into this scanner') and thermal "Proximity Alert" warnings (i.e., "patient may be very close to inner bore wall") has been improved
Optimizations and bug fixes
Fixed an issue with the 3D models appearing deformed.
Users can now enjoy more of MagnetVision™.
In this Version we have corrected some bugs.
Users can now enjoy more of MagnetVision™.
- 818.8 MB
- Release Date:
- Advanced Magnetic Analytics, LLC
Safe to Download
AppPure.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. The download link of this app will be redirected to the official App Store site, thus the app is original and has not been modified in any way.Got it