Slide coins across a surface of your choice. Stack change below the line until you have the amount shown on the register display and check your answer. If your total isn’t correct, you can try the same problem again. The app will also show you the best way to count change so that you use the least number of coins.
A new setting to show the current tally was added. You can turn it on to see how much change you've counted, coin by coin. The tally is updated as each coin slides below the line.
USED IN SCHOOLS
Several educators have contacted me to let me know about pilot programs at their schools that include MakeChange. Feedback from these users has been incorporated into this version. If your school is considering MakeChange and you have questions I'm here to help.
Choose from US, Canadian, and Euro currencies.
Note: friendly user James let me know about the rare usage of the 50-cent Canadian coin. I'll likely remove that coin in the next update, if that's okay.
* Practice counting by sliding coins around with your finger
* Tap a coin to flip it over, learn to recognize both sides
* Coins slide to a stop if you flick them with your finger tip
* Choose from several background images
* Seven difficulty levels, from 10 cents to 5 dollars
* Enable the show tally feature to show the current counted total
* Support for US, Canadian, and Euro currencies
* You can keep trying the same problem until you get it right
* Solution screen shows the exact quantity of each coin you counted
* Shows you the best way to count change if your solution differs
* Skip to a new problem and watch the coins re-arrange
* Realistic sound effects
* Use as an interactive, shareable money worksheet
* The perfect teaching tool for basic math problems
* Includes the new 2010 penny design as well as previous design
* Clean, germ-free coins that you can’t swallow!
This app is fully supported. Contact me from within the app or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for all the great feedback!
- Removed 50c piece from Canadian currency (thanks for the help!)
- Updated Help section
- Added a currency number format option. The default format is typically fine, but if the numbers aren't formatted as you expect in your region you can adjust this.
- 16.5 MB
- Update Date:
- Steven Romej
Safe to Download