Unique on the app store, this app helps kids understand HOW to do math word problems step-by-step. We start with the absolute basics, and by the end your child will know how to interpret and complete one-step math word problems using addition and subtraction.
*** 5 stars! Thank you for showing my daughter HOW to do word problems. This has really improved her attitude to math.
*** 5 stars! So good! I love how you focus on math comprehension. This will be great for my Grade 3 strugglers.
Math Word Problems is targeted to children in Grades 2-5 who struggle with understanding math word problems and how to do them.
Each level in Math Word Problems targets a specific step in working through a math word problem. Once proficient, these skills are combined as your child works through complete problems.
Skill development steps are incremental and focus on attaining success.
A must-have for kids struggling with math word problems.
- Builds word problem comprehension skills step-by-step until mastery.
- Incremental learning. New levels are unlocked only when your child is ready.
- Frustration-free learning. Your child will always be guided to the correct answer.
- Fun and engaging Reward Center to increase motivation.
- Easy parental review. Just check out the stars to see how your child is doing.
- Content designed by professional teachers and researchers.
- Advanced levels include timers to ensure fluency. Research shows fluency in the foundation skills is critical to reading and math comprehension.
- Can be used independently (just hand it over: your child will know what to do!) or with a therapist/parent for intervention.
- Provides extensive reporting for up to 10 players to suit the needs of parents, teachers and therapists.
Our apps are designed for and tested by typical and special needs children. Testers include children with Autism and other special needs. Our apps work for them!
To evaluate the app, download the free version, which has 4 free levels. Additional levels and additional players can be accessed with in-app purchases. If you prefer no in-app purchases, download the School Edition of this app, which includes all levels and up to 10 players.
If your child struggles with understanding math word problems, they may also have difficulty with reading comprehension. Check out our other apps to strengthen your child’s reading skills: www.HappyFrogApps.com.
We take customer service very seriously! If you ever have a problem or find that we've missed something, contact us at our website and we will do our best to fix the problem.
We collect NO private information in our app. None! Our apps do not allow unrestricted web access.
- 29.4 MB
- Update Date:
- Janine Toole
Safe to Download