‘Not as it is written’ is a compelling new way to experience archive photos and oral histories that tell powerful stories about race relations and the civil rights struggle in Pittsburgh, USA circa 1940-75.
You must have good internet connection to initially download all the exhibition photos and audio files so you can then access them offline.
By installing the app, you are agreeing to our T&Cs.
- View photos from the world-class Charles ‘Teenie’ Harris archive held by the Carnegie Museum of Art in Pittsburgh
- Listen to related oral histories collected by the Center for Africanamerican Urban Studies and the Economy (CAUSE) at Carnegie Mellon University.
- Share photos you like from the collection via your online and social media channels.
- Create your own photos in response to the exhibition themes; and record your own story (or someone else’s) to accompany those photos.
- Be part of the ‘Not as it is written’ community by sharing some of your photos.
- Have your photos featured in the app as part of the exhibition or just share them privately with family and friends.
This app complements exhibitions on show in Pittsburgh, USA and Newcastle upon Tyne, UK as part of the Freedom City 2017 celebration in Newcastle.
- small improvements
- 32.0 MB
- Update Date:
Safe to Download
AppPure.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. The download link of this app will be redirected to the official App Store site, thus the app is original and has not been modified in any way.Got it