Oscar Goes to the Zoo with WordWinks and Retell, Record & Share
*Meets National Common Core for PreK-K
*Helps create readers before they can read
*Developed by Language and Literacy Scholars
*FREE Activity Book with purchase
"Oscar Goes to the Zoo is a fun story for children to either be read to or to listen to aloud. The app seems to aim for in-text inference and comprehension. This approach helps children understand story elements immediately as opposed to asking comprehension questions after the story is completed. The story line had a nice message (be who you are) and the characters were age appropriate."-- Academics' Choice Reviewer
PARENTS, KIDS AND EDUCATORS LOVE You TELL Me Stories!
“Inspired…parent friendly, child appealing…a real winner!” -- Dr. Lydia Soifer, Soifer Center for Learning & Child Development
* WordWinks technique weaves onscreen questions and comments, written in red italics, into the story to maximize vocabulary, comprehension and listening skills.
* Retell, Record & Share :
- Find out if your child understands the story through You TELL Me Stories' unique retell feature.
-Give your child a special gift: retelling the story is important for developing listening and speaking skills. It offers a chance to learn and utilize new vocabulary…put ideas in order so they make sense…identify important details…and build memory.
-Help your child record his or her own version of the story and share it with loved ones, teachers and friends…right from the app!
* You TELL Me Stories is a parent’s guilt-free tool to incorporate technology into reading.
* Educate your child even when you’re not available with built-in narration and entertaining character voices by a master teacher.
* Pages cannot be turned until your child hears the entire narration, which promotes listening and comprehension skills.
“I’ve been creating stories for children for nearly 40 years, and highly recommend You TELL Me Stories.’ -- Arthur Yorinks, Children’s Book Writer, Caldecott Medal winner
“The stories are engaging and appealing. Every home, classroom and library serving preschool and primary grade children should have access to You TELL Me Stories.” -- Judith C. Hochman Ed.D., Windward Teacher Training Institute
ABOUT THE STORY
When Oscar the adorable dachshund puppy wakes up one morning and can’t find any of his friends, his journey takes him to the Central Zoo. At the Zoo, Oscar imagines what it might be like to be something other than plain old Oscar the dachshund. In the end, Oscar discovers he’d rather not be an elephant with a long trunk, a giraffe with a tall neck, or a seal with short flippers … and decides there’s nobody he’d rather be than himself.
ABOUT YOU TELL ME STORIES
You TELL Me Stories are bright, colorful and entertaining ebooks created by educators and language experts for you and your child to enjoy together again and again ... but behind them is cutting edge science designed to show you HOW to read to your child in a way that stimulates conversation and builds listening, thinking and language skills, along with the knowledge and confidence that will serve as the strong foundation for the reading, writing and thinking abilities they’ll develop in school and throughout their lives.
• The name of the app has been updated to include "with WordWinks and Retell, Record & Share"
• The app store icon has been updated
* Added iPhone support
- 253.0 MB
- Release Date:
- You Tell Me Stories Foundation, Inc.
Safe to Download