It was the center of the Prussian Empire and the capital of the German Reich. After World War I it became the busiest metropolis on the continent and the epitome of the Golden Twenties. When Adolf Hitler came to power he planned to remodel Berlin as the future »World Capital Germania«. It was Berlin where the Nazis resolved the systematic killing of all European Jews, it was Berlin from where the Führer ignited World War II and it was Berlin where Germany surrendered unconditionally in 1945. The uprising of the Cold War and the building of the Wall set the tone for the coming decades. Berlin was at the demarcation line of two political systems and superpowers. Only after the peaceful revolution in the GDR and the Fall of the Wall was the city able to become the capital of a reunited Germany again.
The PastFinder BERLIN App takes you to the well-known and lesser known sites of this history. It links these locations with the present and gives you a concise account of the events like you won’t find it anywhere else.
HERE IS WHAT YOU GET
• Sights: 200 locations, landmarks, museums and memorials.
• Secrets: Discover unknown places and facts that even many locals don’t know about.
• Photos: More than 1200 stunning historic and recent photos.
• Infographics: Detailed maps, bird’s-eye views and floor plans of Hitler’s New Reich Chancellery, the Führer Bunker, the World Capital Germania, the Berlin Wall and others.
• Maps: GPS location and 3D views.
• Guides: 11 listings for every major historical epoch.
• Favorites: Create your own custom sightseeing tour.
• Eat & Drink: A selection of where to relax, refill and recharge.
• 24 Hours: The highlights in a day.
• Information: How to get around.
• Intuitive interface: Swipe through pages, easy-to-use navigation and elegant design.
HERE IS WHAT THE MEDIA SAYS
»Once started, you won’t stop reading, narrative history at its best.« – Frankfurter Allgemeine
»Don’t go to Berlin without this App!« – Straits Times
»Without a doubt these guides are excellent value for money.« – ARD National Television
»The best guide for communist-era sites in Berlin.« – Chicago Tribune
»Very informative and factual.« – Süddeutsche Zeitung
»Compact, concise and an abundance of well researched articles.« – Hamburger Abendblatt
SINCE 2001 Maik Kopleck’s renowned bestselling PastFinder guidebook series uncovers the forgotten relics of a city’s history. With this app you will have a fascinating journey through Berlin. Looking into Germany’s past is not always a pleasure trip. But those who close their eyes to the past, will be blind to the present.
PastFinder – HISTORY AT YOUR FINGERTIPS.™
- 152.2 MB
- Release Date:
Safe to Download
AppPure.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. The download link of this app will be redirected to the official App Store site, thus the app is original and has not been modified in any way.Got it