You can search for drugs by entering the drug’s or active ingredient’s name or its PZN number (Pharmazentralnummer; pharmaceutical registration number). In addition, you can scan the barcode from the drug’s packaging to search for it. The app will then access a database listing all drugs approved for use in Germany.
The connection between active ingredients and DNA variants is based on official recommendations from the following expert groups:
- FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration)
- CPIC (Clinical Pharmacogenetics Implementation Consortium)
- DPWG (Royal Dutch Association for the Advancement of Pharmacy - Pharmacogenetics Working Group)
- CPNDS (Canadian Pharmacogenomics Network for Drug Safety)
Data last updated in May 2018.
In addition, the app provides basic knowledge about genes, DNA variants, proteins, and the efficacy of drugs as well as further information about genes that influence the efficacy of drugs. Illustrations depict this complex content in a way that is instructive, yet easy to understand.
Based on the search results, the app user can take the initiative straight via the app to request information about how to test the drug compatibility and efficacy.
Optimization of search function
- Optimisation barcode scanner
- Minor fixes
The version 1.1 contains the following updates:
- data of official dosis guidelines (September 2017)
- wording improvements
- minor bug fixes
- 89.7 MB
- Release Date:
Safe to Download