The web is full of great stuff to read, watch, and listen to, and Pine helps you find and follow it all. Pine.blog also lets you start a blog and join the conversations happening on the web. Whether you post photos, quick thoughts, or full-length essays, Pine.blog lets you share your ideas with the world. Built especially for microblogs and photoblogs, Pine.blog will feel like home no matter whether you're coming from a site like Twitter or Instagram.
- Browse a beautiful timeline that puts your news front and center! Whether you follow traditional blogs, Twitter-like microblogs, YouTube channels, Mastodon feeds, or Instagram-like Photoblogs, they all look great in Pine!
- Start a blog and get posting! Whether it's a short post or an essay, you're in control. Other people can follow your blog, even if they don't use Pine.blog. Pine.blog also integrates with Wordpress, so you can quickly post to your own site.
- Follow sites you trust right from the source. Don't let Twitter, Facebook, etc tell you what you want to see.
- Share your favorite posts, comment on and reply to posts from all over the web.
- Favorite posts and recommend sites to others!
- Have Siri read articles to you (great for walking or driving).
- Discover new, awesome stuff and help others do the same.
- Search for new sites using the built-in sites directory or follow a site directly with a URL.
- Pine.blog doesn't use complex algorithms that decide what you see. If you follow someone, you'll see their every post, in order, period.
Unlock multiple timelines and more with an active Pine.blog monthly subscription which can be purchased from within the app.
- Subscriptions come with a 7-day free trial.
- This subscription auto-renews every month unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account when you confirm the purchase.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
- You can manage your subscription from within the app's settings, and cancel at anytime.
For more information see:
- Fixes an issue that caused crashes when browsing post mentions.
- New support and contact links on site pages (if supported by site)
- Other fixes and improvements
- Likes and Comments now appear below posts. Mention another post or site just by linking to them!
- Small UI tweaks.
- Other bug fixes.
- Support for Dynamic Type
- Refreshed UI for cleaner look
- Speed improvements
- Mark all posts as read when unread badges are enabled
- Fixes a few nasty bugs that cause crashes in the background
All blogs have built-in RSS and JSON feeds so anyone, even if they don't use Pine.blog, can follow what you post, and all blogs are automatically added to the Feed Directory so that other Pine.blog users can find your site quickly and easily.
- Start blogging right the app*
- Save in-progress posts as drafts
- Updated dark mode theme
Fixes and Improvements
- The Discover Tab now loads faster
- Faster app start up time
- Fixes multiple crashing bugs
* Premium Subscription Required
- Watch YouTube videos without leaving the app with a new embedded player.
- The YouTube player is private and sends no user-based cookies to YouTube.
- Adds back gestures that were accidentally removed in the last release.
- New posts are fetched at launch
- Fixes an issue with old login data causing the app to crash or constantly log out.
- Fixes an issue with signing up for an account.
- Lots of code cleanup.
- Small UI tweaks and fixes.
Note: There is a known issue with scrolling far backwards in the timeline. This will be fixed in an upcoming release.
- More account settings and options to customize your Pine.blog experience from the app.
- New landing page
- More help and info about how to use Pine.blog.
- Fixes many crashing bugs
Other Features and Improvements:
- Multiple speed and performance enhancements.
- Updating the timeline in most cases uses less data.
- Fixes a number of issues where some sites would not display their content in the timeline.
- Manage your subscription from within the app (Apple Subscribers only)
- Lean how to use Pine.blog with a new in-app tutorial.
- See an estimate of how often a site posts something new.
- Small UI improvements
- Unread badges can be shown/hidden on a per-timeline basis
- YouTube, Reddits, Micro.blog, and Mastodon Users now show an icon on their profile making that clear.
- Fixes an issue where switching timelines could cause the app to crash.
- Fixes an issue where the published data of a post would show the wrong date
Keep the news separate from the pictures of your friends and stay up to date with everything you care about. Create and manage custom timelines directly from the app!
Other Features and Fixes:
- Better search results and live search-as-you-type improvements
- Swipe right to like a post
- Follow any feed from a site, not just the default feed. These feeds can also be organized into timelines
- Rich preview in the timeline. Embedded Links will now work from the timeline directly
- Fixes an issue where autorotation would lock the screen in landscape
- Fixes an issue where some links in the timeline would be truncated incorrectly
- Tiny images (i.e. "Like" or "Share" icons) no longer appear in the featured images
- Multiple other bug fixes and stability improvements
- Cleaner fonts for post titles
- New pull to refresh indicator
- New iOS 12-ish iconography
- New Discover/Search tab allows you to find and follow new people and sites directly from the app!
- New Profile tab shows you which sites/people you've recommended and which ones you follow.
- Search for any site in the Pine Directory right from the app.
- Post to your own site from the app!
- Follow and Unfollow Sites directly from the app.
- Follow sites using a URL from the app!
- In-App Notifications now give you more feedback about what's going on in the app.
- Images are front and center now
- You can now browse your entire favorites history.
- Scrolling the timeline is much smoother
- Adds Haptic Feedback to lots of buttons for a more responsive feeling interface
- Fixes a bug where the app could crash in the background which would stop it from preloading new items
- Post images now show up in a beautiful slideshow in the timeline.
- "Read to Me". Have Siri read the contents of an article to you. Great for walking or driving. When you don't want to be looking at your phone.
- Site icons now show up if a feed doesn't have it's own image.
- Fixes an issue that would cause scrolling to be really choppy.
- Fixes a nasty crashing bug.
- Fixes some layout issues.
- Various performance enhancements.
- 14.2 MB
- Release Date:
- SkyRocket Software, LLC
Safe to Download