Pinyin uses letters of the alphabet to spell out traditional Mandarin characters. Challenge your friends to a match by strategically placing your tiles on the board and score the most points. Get more points for correctly identifying the character and definition of the word you just played.
(And lose points if you don’t!) Helpful tools, such as an interactive dictionary, enable you to be a competitive opponent from the first move without any previous knowledge of Mandarin.
It’s an exciting game for both native and novice speakers. Over 1 billion people speak and read Mandarin Chinese. Aren’t you ready to be one of them?
- Truly free app.
- View the Mandarin characters during gameplay with the tap of a button.
- Word Finder feature helps you find your next word based on the letters you have in your queue.
- Dictionary feature lets you find the meaning of the word you or your opponent played, look up the Pinyin translation for Chinese into English, and hear the pronunciation of each word.
Available for the iPad and iPhone.
Remove Tutorial Video on launch
Play Random Players
Bug fixes and improvements
Make the text size bigger on register screen, login screen. #110
Make the text search box bigger #109
Enlarge all words on history panel #107
Player should sign up for a new account after first play as a guest #105
Add extra confirm password box to sign up account. #106
Play the game directly by automatically highlighting the selection. #108
Fix to quit or resign from a game if it is the other player's turn #90
Fix for chat message to highlight the tab when new messages are available #88
Enhanced chat feature
Single player mode vs computer (NPC)
Updated Chinese dictionary.
We added push notifications.
Improved finding players algorithm.
Improved facebook and twitter integration.
We are busy making improvements to PinYinPal and are releasing this update for your continued learning and fun.
This update is required for all v1.0.2 players. When you make the update, all unfinished games will be lost. Sorry about that!
- Updated dictionary: there are 3211 pinyins available now as well as translations to new languages!
- Added selection and speech for Traditional / Simplified Chinese
- Added selection and speech for English / French / German / Spanish / Italian definitions
- Improved social sharing for Facebook and Twitter
- Added end of game notices
- Added a Replay option
- Added a first-time player tutorial
- Updated the Help section
- Added confirmation for word play
- Added feedback ability so you can let us know how to continue improving the game
- Updated color schemes
- Fixed random button issues
- Fixed random words showing up
- Misc. bug fixing and improvements
- Game Log updates
- Additional Tutorial
- Additional social integration
- Numerous bug fixes
This update will require a new install of the game. It is not compatible with Version 1.0.1.
- added speech to the dictionary
- added umlauts to the history
- 76.7 MB
- Release Date:
- Chinese Character a Day Foundation
Safe to Download