It teaches phonics and handwriting (including joined up). It has a first set of storybooks for them to read, written specifically for children learning to read using the app.
Your child will prefer our books to paper books, because they help them read - if they get stuck, they tap a word to get help sounding it out. You will prefer our books, because the quizzes check they can read the words and understand them.
The books get progressively harder, but kids don’t realise because they are getting better at reading all the time.
Our apps are used in hundreds of American elementary schools. One of only nine education apps awarded the top A+ rating by Balefire Labs.
The app is aligned with the Common Core State Standards. Children master these skills:
* writing letters
* recognising 72 letter sounds (e.g. ‘ch’ are the letters that make the initial sound in ‘chat’)
* blending letter sounds together to make words (e.g ‘ch-a-t’)
* hearing a word and selecting its written form (e.g. the app says, “chat”, the child has to select ‘chat’ from a group of words - some of which are similar to chat)
How it works
* 7-day free trial with no commitment and full access
* The £1.49 monthly and £14.99 annual subscription unlock access to all books and phonics levels for an unlimited number of children
* Once subscribed, your subscription auto-renews each month or annually. However, you can easily turn auto renew off via the Settings app
* Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
* Cannot cancel current subscription during its subscription period
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Made it harder for kids to crack the adult test.
App now checks to see if you have installed the full edition on a different device, so it can warn you that you could install that instead of using this free version.
Fix for issue when the app is listening to the child read.
Additional verbal instruction to help new users.
- 740.3 MB
- Release Date:
- Apps in My Pocket Ltd
Safe to Download