Profs' Phonics has been developed by Professors Ruth Fielding-Barnsley and Ian Hay as a result of their research into how children learn to read.
For a free sample containing 5 of the Profs' Phonics paintings, download Profs' Phonics 1, also by Doc Ruth.
- Learning about the individual sounds in words (phonemic awareness).
- Learning through detailed observation, animation, sound and touch.
- Visual and auditory feedback of identified words, allowing for recognition of words.
- Contrasting incorrect words to discriminate between learned sounds (s,t,l,p,m,n,a,e,i).
- Based on the findings of The Independent Rose Review of the Teaching of Early Reading in the UK (https://www.education.gov.uk/publications/standard/publicationDetail/Page1/DFES-0201-2006).
- Feedback on the number of correct words that your child has found in each poster.
- The ability to teach your child their first words made up of the learned sounds.
- Extends your child's vocabulary with the inclusion of 330 words.
- Ideal as story and conversation starters.
- Makes full use of all iPad and iPhone screen sizes.
- 63.3 MB
- Release Date:
- Doc Ruth
Safe to Download