Reading Thai was designed by a successful Thai language learner who saw the need for an app that could give you all the basic information you need to start reading complete Thai words and pronounce them correctly. You'll learn how syllables are constructed and learn how each component of a syllable affects it’s sound. You’ll learn over 350 vocabulary words and hear each word spoken by a native Thai.
Reading Thai includes:
* All 44 consonants and their classes.
* Different sounds made each letter as initial and final consonants of a syllable.
* Images to illustrate each consonant’s full name.
* Long and short vowels with alternate forms.
* Tone and punctuation marks and their uses.
* Thai numerals.
* Rules for determining tones of syllables.
* Handy tone rules reference chart.
* Rules for letter combination and irregular words.
* Phonics-style reading practice with audio.
* Quizzes to track learning progress at each step.
* Extra lessons of reading practice with full sentences available with in-app purchases.
Here's what some bloggers have said about Reading Thai:
"The best Thai reading/alphabet app in the iTunes store.
The other alphabet apps are lacking in some way but this one has most everything needed: Consonants, vowels, numbers, tone marks and punctuation, tone rules, letter combination rules, and multi-syllable rules.
This app can be used as a learning tool, or to look something up when reading Thai.
If you limited yourself to one Thai alphabet app, I would advise getting this app over all others available at this time."
"This colorful app has everything beginners need to get the basics down -- consonants, vowels, numbers, tone marks, and those dastardly tone rules.
Reading Thai nicely straddles the line between coming off as too child-like and too hard to get into. Good for quick reference, while the option that allows you to hear the letter or vowel being spoken is a nice touch too."
-Greg Jorgensen, CNNGo.com
- UI improvements
- 153.2 MB
- Release Date:
- Ryan Zander
Safe to Download