Its massive database provides over one million definitions derived from classical Sanskrit dictionaries by Monier-Williams, Apte, and Macdonell. In addition, references from dhatu-patha (a collection of verbal roots with final forms) are also provided, when available.
All words can be searched using a Devanagari keyboard. Once downloaded, the app does not require internet access to operate.
This dictionary requires a Devanagari keyboard, which can be installed from your device's Settings app.
Settings > General > International > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard > Hindi
Special thanks to the faculty in Harvard's Department of South Asian Studies for their encouragement and support during the app's development.
- Beautiful user interface and design
- Uses iOS' easy to use Devanagari keyboard
- Partial word search - enter half words in Sanskrit and obtain top 100 matches
- Mark words as Favorites to review later
- Review the history of words that you have looked up
- Expanded Word List
- Bug fixes
- 85.9 MB
- Release Date:
- Creative Stride
Safe to Download