It gives the eclipse circumstances, distance and direction to the central line, and allow to prepare notifications, or spoken text, triggered relative to the eclipse progress. Observing location is, by default, provided by the phone GPS.
Sciatrope provides several tabs:
• A table which displays the circumstances, and which allow to select an eclipse.
• A map, with:
- The eclipse path, with the central line, the northern and southern limits of the central eclipse. The eclipse path is refined when you zoom in.
- The azimuth of the eclipse contacts.
- An information pane which allows to set the location by latitude, longitude, altitude, and timezone ; and has several other features.
- A search pane, to set the location by name.
- A bookmark pane where you can save favorite locations, and recall them.
• A compass which provides the azimuth of the eclipse contacts around you.
• An image display of the relative positions of the moon and sun,
- With azimuthal or equatorial orientation,
- Flipped horizontally, vertically, or both (or not flipped of course).
• A scenario view in which you can prepare notifications or spoken text messages, to be triggered at chosen time relative to any eclipse event.
• For the experts or adventurous, eclipse Besselian elements can be modified, to take into account new updated elements, or experiment with them.
Fix of an issue with location pin dragging.
- 18.4 MB
- Release Date:
- Jean-Etienne LAMIAUD
Safe to Download