Sono Flex combines the benefits of structure and flexibility, providing a framework for language development, quickly matching individual and situational communication needs.
Tobii Sono Flex has been designed to be easy to operate and easy for SLPs, teachers, parents, caregivers or other communication partners to setup and customize.
--- Version and pricing ---
Tobii Sono Flex is a universal application available for iPhone, iPod and iPad. Users need only to buy the application once to run it on either device.
Tobii Sono Flex is also available in a slightly limited, but fully functioning evaluation version called Tobii Sono Flex Lite.
Educational institutions are eligible for a 50% Educational Discounts through Apple’s Volume Licensing Program for Education when buying more than 20 licenses (currently only available in the USA). Please contact your local Tobii representative for more information.
--- Some of the features of Tobii Sono Flex ---
- Combines core and topic-based vocabulary in a unique and dynamic way
- Provides an easy, and highly motivating, start with over 50 pre-made context vocabularies
- Comes with more than 11,000 SymbolStix® symbols
- Use the camera and photo albums of the iPhone or iPad to create your own symbols
- Comes with 5 US English, high quality Acapela voices; one boy, one girl, two women and one male voice.
- Offers a solid structure to build up a large common vocabulary and enables versatile communication
- Great flexibility in tailoring the vocabulary to individual and situational needs
- Develop within Tobii Sono Flex, into other Sono Suite products or even switch hardware platforms
- Tobii Sono Flex is available for iPhone, iPod, iPad and on regular PCs and dedicated speech devices running Tobii Communicator.
Read more on www.tobiisonoflex.com or www.tobii.com
--- Read what others say about Sono Flex ---
"Awesome, awesome, awesome! I wonder why it hasn’t been developed before. It is great to have the situational modules at hand so easily. This is just perfect for us to prepare sessions with clients with a minimum of time consumption. It is really nice that you have chosen very interactive and playful contexts that are age independent."
Alycia Berg, MS, CCC-SLP, Boston Children’s Hospital
"I have to say, I really like Sono Flex. I believe that the control that a user has over it is going to be very helpful and prove to be successful over other currently available products where one can just flip through screens without having access to a full communication system that supports interaction.
I really love the Context-based pages. It is great that you include phrases in these as well for quick interactions that are specific to the context-based pages. Glad to see About Me as a context page.
The way you can swap out context-based pages is really brilliant and helps to expand the communication opportunities without increasing the navigation demands."
Judy Lariviere, M.Ed., OTR/L, Communication Specialist, Rett Clinic, Oakland Children’s Hospital
"Looks good. I like the way the vocab is laid out and you can change one bottom bar it’s possibly the fastest way of changing vocab I have seen."
Will Wade, Lead Occupational Therapist at Kent Communication and Assistive Technology Service, Researcher at Oxford Brookes University, Operator of Apps for AAC website
"I love the vocabulary and the mix of core words and situations.
What I like: Layout of pages; no vertical scroll; grammar feature; situations, situations, situations. Editing is very different, but once I got used to it I liked it (I like to see the whole page as a list, that is cool)."
Kate Ahern, M.S.Ed., AT Specialist and Operator of ‘Teaching Learners with Multiple Special Needs’ Blog
When editing vocabulary items, the app would crash frequently. This has now been fixed.
- Minor bug fixes, among others a newly found bug in the History feature that may reduce the number of messages you can have on the History page.
This update corrects a deficiency in the History function in the app.
Everyone who is using the History function is strongly encouraged to update to this version.
- Option to turn off the editing toolbar.
- Option to make each key speak as it is selected. Sending the words to the Message window may be tuned off as well.
- Option to clear all history items at once.
- Locate words in the Contexts/Main Vocabulary easier with the Find Words feature.
- Option to have the phrases and questions appear first in the contexts facililtates easier selection of widely used starter utterances.
- Option to lock the Flex buttons (green buttons on the right side) from being changed by the user.
- The grammar engine will find a matches in the grammar database more often.
- Option to have battery status and time shown within Sono Flex.
- Other issue corrections and minor improvements.
- Updated the User's Manual accordingly.
- Various issue corrections and improvements.
- 307.4 MB
- Release Date:
- Tobii Dynavox LLC
Safe to Download