Unlike many other dictionary apps, Spell Aid for Kids is not just about words - it also contains pictures. Children today are used to information being presented in a visual form and consequently they expect their learning experience to reflect that.
What makes Spell Aid for Kids unique and so useful?
Well! It has often been said, “What use is a dictionary if I cannot spell?”.
Spell Aid for Kids is the first dictionary app that caters to the needs of a diverse set of users. It contains four search methods and a fully customisable user interface. Whether a child struggles with spelling or speaks English as a second language, this app will make using a dictionary an enjoyable experience.
In addition to a conventional search facility, there is also searching by voice, Spell Aid for Kids also offers two bespoke methods for finding words – (1) it allow a child to look up words based upon the letters they believe to be in the word (2) with an option that provides results regardless of the order of the letters.
Children who experience colour blindness can take advantage of the customisation features, selecting from an array of font styles, adjustment of font size, unlimited background and font colours, which all makes for a greater reading experience.
The Spell Aid for Kids app gives children the independence and confidence to discover words and their definitions. It also helps to expand their vocabulary and improve spelling. Young readers and writers can look up the meanings of unfamiliar words as well as check for the correct spellings of any word they are unsure of. Users can also choose to use the function which spells the words out, which is especially handy while doing written work or simply revising and memorising the correct spellings of words.
Search for words by conventional means (including by speech) or by using our bespoke methods, which are ideal for children with spelling difficulties as well as those for whom English is a second language.
• More than 10,000 English and compound words, with clear and precise definitions
• Integrated Thesaurus, displaying Synonyms where available
• Example sentences
• Audible confirmation of selected words
• Spells out the word with adjustable speed, male or female voice
• Accompanying images, for a huge selection of words
• Copy words to clipboard for use in other applications
• Share words and their definitions with others.
• Split Screen on iPad allows Spell Aid to work side by side your other applications, such as Microsoft Word and Mail
Customise Spell Aid Kids to your preferred settings, make it your own and enhance your reading experience.
• Unlimited font and background colours.
• More than 20 fonts to choose from, including Dyslexia friendly fonts.
• Variable font size
• Favourites, allows you to easily add words to a list of favourites and review previously selected words.
• Add to History, gives you the option of keeping a record of previously selected words
We would love to hear from you, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, feedback or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 58.1 MB
- Release Date:
- ASPA MEDIA
Safe to Download