90 ready to play built-in spelling list sets
Practise your spellings in a motivating and engaging way using the tried and tested ‘look, say, cover, write, check’ method in this exciting, easy to use app. Look at the word, hear it read out to you, cover it, practice spelling it and check if you’re right. The app tracks and displays the number of attempts taken to spell words correctly, so parents and teachers can plan words to practise further.
Create a bespoke spelling list and share for free
It’s FREE to create and share your own lists – write your own bespoke spelling list for your class, children, family or friends. Add audio, and then simply tap to share. Sharing creates a code which can be used to download the list onto any iPad or iPhone as many times as you like and anywhere in the world! For your children security you do need to Sign up and Login to Share lists, but not for any other feature!
It’s so simple to use, a new list can be created and shared with a whole class in minutes (Sign in for your children's safety). Publish on your Facebook and Twitter pages (grown-ups only!) so parents at home can instantly pull the list onto their own device – perfect for engaging with children and supporting their learning at home.
Designed and created by a senior teacher for children
The app has been designed and created by an experienced senior teacher who understands the educational app market, and tested and used by teachers and parents. Young children can pick up the app and use without needing any technical know-how.
NO annoying in-app purchases; NO subscriptions; SAFE and secure for children. NO need to set up class lists or log-in: simply download the app and use straight away.
Compatible with iPad and iPhone.
Spelling Whizz is perfect for:
- practising weekly spellings, topic words and key vocabulary in school and/or at home
- creating a bespoke wordlist and sharing across multiple devices, the whole class and anywhere in the world (for free!)
- improving spelling outcomes in school and/or at home
- engaging parents and students in school and/or at home
- engaging reluctant groups, such as boys, to improve spelling, reading and writing outcomes.
- ages 4+
- Designed, developed and tested by teachers, students and parents for teachers, students and parents to pick up and use without needing any technical know-how.
- Perfect for practising weekly spellings, topic words and key vocabulary, in school and/or at home.
- Easily and quickly create your own wordlists to share with your class, colleagues or family members. Sharing your wordlist creates a code that can be downloaded onto an unlimited number of other iPads or iPhones.
- Having a push on spelling in your school and want to engage parents and students both in school and at home? Then create spelling lists that can be easily shared with the whole class and/or downloaded onto home devices without parents and students having to go through any complicated login processes.
- Perfect for engaging reluctant groups, such as boys, to improve writing outcomes.
- Suitable for ages 4+
- One price with no in-app-purchases or adverts.
- Compatible with iPad and iPhone.
For your children's security you do need to Sign up and Login to Share lists, but not for any other feature!
This version fixes a bug where apostrophes were not being recognised in some words lists.
- 65.7 MB
- Release Date:
- richard cash
Safe to Download