Our pilot program has proved particularly attractive to young users and STEM educators. One ten year old designed and 3D-printed a simple teddy bear, with about fifteen minutes of instructions and a couple of hours of exploration. Educators find SuperD especially helpful in creating a playful and organic 3D spatial learning experience.
On the front end, SuperD uses the highly popular recursive subdivision (SubD) design interface; On the backend, it employs a novel surfacing technique which results in faster computation, less memory demands, and higher quality surfaces.
Three-D design has many innate challenges. It is simultaneously a beautiful and a complex process. With SuperD, a seasoned professional can prototype and share his or her visions in a fraction of time it used to take; whereas an amateur will find learning to model much less intimidating. A child with a story to tell can design all his or her characters with SuperD and then 3D-print them. The possibilities of cross-discipline creativity are endless, and the reality of complete customized manufacturing is just an iOS away.
- SubDivision (SubD) control cage interface.
- Dynamic level of detail (LOD) via resolution settings
- Smooth (G1) surfacing. G2 is attainable in many cases.
- OBJ import/export (enables 3D printing)
- Verto Studio 3D copy/paste integration.
- Shading modes (wireframe, phong, reflection, texturing, analysis)
- Move, rotate, scale
- Pull (extrude), duplicate, delete, subdivide, ring select
- Per patch color
- Slew patch tangent (perfect cylinders)
- Closed or open (curved edge) models.
- Rounding or squaring corners and edges
2. ARKit Viewer for supported devices;
3. Added a new texture "Metal";
4. Bug fixes;
- 49.5 MB
- Update Date:
- Boulder Graphics LLC
Safe to Download