Are your federal taxes too complicated for those “snap a photo and file” apps, but you don’t want to hire an expensive CPA and pay hundreds of dollars? TaxCatalyst is for you! Itemize deductions, child tax credits, interest income and more! Get the tax refund you deserve.
- E-File your Federal return FREE. No purchase necessary.
- Estimate and calculate your taxes for FREE.
- FREE paper/PDF tax returns for Federal and/or State. No purchase necessary. No exceptions. It's FREE for EVERYONE.
- None of the upselling that's common in the industry. We only have honest, straightforward pricing. The only paid service we offer is State E-File. Everything else is FREE.
- Federal income tax return IRS Form 1040 (Tax Year 2017)
- California state tax return CA Form 540 (Tax Year 2017)
- Itemized deductions (including home mortgage interest deduction)
- Capital gains and losses, home sale
- Retirement income, social security, unemployment, W-2, 1099-R, 1099-G
- Dividends 1099-DIV, interest 1099-INT, 1099-OID
- IRA deduction, educator expenses, alimony
- Education credits, student loan interest, tuition deduction
- Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) basic support
- Health coverage and premium tax credit
- Child and Dependent Care Credit
- Child tax credit, retirement saver's credit
- Earned income credit for federal + CA
- Plus more! See our web page for a list of supported forms.
NO USER ACCOUNTS: Unless you enable multi-factor authentication, other companies leave the door open for hackers to login and steal your info and refund. Other companies expose your data to hackers by sharing personal info with third parties. Security and privacy are at the core of our design. That's why we chose not to have user accounts and why we never share your data with third party vendors.
You can even do all of your taxes offline – no internet connection needed unless you want to e-file.
- Helpful messages to tell you when your data has errors or missing information.
- Backup and import from iCloud.
- Your data is easily imported from year to year.
- Create PDFs right on your device without an internet connection.
- PIN code to prevent unwanted editing of data. Can be enabled in settings.
Not currently supporting the following:
- Rental income (estimate only)
- Business and Self employment (estimate only)
- Community property when married filing separately
- K-1 Partnerships
- Investment expense deductions
- Foreign income and tax credit
- Tax underpayment penalties (but warning is given if applicable)
- Farm income (estimate only)
- Railroad retirement
- Nonresident Aliens
- HSA (not to be confused with FSA)
- State returns (other than California)
Free help by e-mail! We are an authorized IRS e-file provider.
- Federal and State PDF are now FREE.
- Unlimited FREE paper filing with federal or state. No purchase necessary.
- Manual mode now includes a entry for Schedule C, Schedule F, Schedule E, etc. for Business, Rentals, and Farm income for estimate purposes ONLY.
- Added Child Tax Credit Worksheet PDF.
- Added CA Dependent Care Credit checks and expanded inputs for incurred amounts that were not paid during the tax year.
- Bug fixes.
- Updated Schedule A Itemized Deductions to include Mortgage Insurance Premium Deduction (Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018)
- Updated 8606 Nondeductible IRAs (due to late IRS release)
- Updated CA Use Tax PDF (due to late CA release)
- Updated AMT worksheet for determining if you need Form 6251 (due to IRS changes)
- Bug fixes (including Alimony crash fix)
- Added information about when to expect a response after submitting your e-file.
- We've updated to tax year 2017!
- 33.7 MB
- Release Date:
- Adaptive Element Software, LLC
Safe to Download