The Glengarry News is a weekly newspaper serving historic Glengarry County, the most storied county in Eastern Ontario, Canada.
The Glengarry News was founded in 1892 and has published uninterruptedly ever since. For almost the first one hundred years The News had only two editor-publishers, its founder and president Col. A.G.F. Macdonald, a citizen-soldier who raised and led overseas in World War I the 154th Battalion, and his son Eugene Macdonald.
Glengarry County was initially settled in the late 1700s and early 1800s, first by Scottish United Empire Loyalists fleeing the American Revolution and shortly afterwards by hardy Scottish immigrants from the westernmost part of Scotland from place names that still serve Glengarry County well today.
Glengarry County is the prime keeper of Scottish traditions in Canada. It is the site of the largest Highland Games in the world, the Glengarry Highland Games held each year on the last weekend of July or first weekend of August before the Ontario Civic Holiday at Maxville, where 20,000 or more gather to honour their past at the North American Pipe Band and Highland Games Championships.
But Glengarry County is more than things Scottish. Those early Scottish immigrants were joined by equally hardy French-Canadians from Lower Canada, and immigrants from all over the world, to create a harmonious blend that lives on to this day.
This is the home of The Glengarry News. Please read on, enjoy your tour, and "wull ya nae come back again?"
Optimization enhancements - load only those parts of the app that are needed for your iDevice.
New Design Concept (for users upgrading from 3.x to 4.8x).
- Improved user experience of clicking on a publication's thumbnail to open the order screen
- Supports 3D touch shortcut for Online/Catalog view if online view is available
- Free titles notification
- Newspaper Radio freezing issues resolved
- Device rotation problems resolved
- App menu navigation problems resolved
- Download button unresponsive in certain conditions problems resolved
- Highlight problem on radio/listen page resolved
- Black box appears on some articles problem resolved
- Memory leak with menu icons alignment causing crashes is resolved
- SmartFlow adjusted to display correct picture to articles
- Corrected display of page numbers when title is loading in spread view
- Can start/stop downloading midstream and final download is not corrupted
- Accounts page displays account information for single account
- Images made sharper during pre-load stage
- 59.5 MB
- Release Date:
- PressReader Inc
Safe to Download