Specifically adapted for kids ages 6 to 12 and developed with classroom teachers as a complementary version of the popular game, The Sandbox (played by over 13 million people worldwide), The Sandbox EDU features original educative content supporting the experiential learning of science, technology, art and music!
Your child can play, build and craft - whatever he/she wants - and learn to conduct scientific investigations and engineering design through inquiry-based problem solving in an open-ended world grounded by the laws of the universe.
-= KEY FEATURES =-
1. Easy to install on your iPhone or iPad
2. Full Featured version with no additional in-app purchases or advertisements
3. 50+ lessons in Earth science ("Saving the EARTH"), lab science ("Inside the LAB"), electronic circuits ("Crazy Circuits"), pixel art ("Learn pixel ART") and music ("School of MUSIC")
4. Lessons designed with classroom teachers
5. Save and share your work in the online gallery
6. Explore 150+ elements in the open-ended CREATE mode
-= WHAT CAN I LEARN WITH THE SANDBOX EDU? =-
The Sandbox EDU can be used to support learning the following subjects: Environmental Science, Physics, Geology, Biology, Engineering, Mathematics, Electronics and Circuits, Pixel Art, Music, and Game Design.
The Sandbox EDU promotes experiential learning, which is the process of making meaning from direct experience. Elemental interactions in the game serve as a foundation to enhance player understanding of the physical world.
Some of the many reinforced concepts include:
. Relationships between elements
. Inputs and outputs for elementary reactions
. Input/output machines
- Chemistry experiments
. States of matter: steam, water, ice
. Water pollution: acid + water
- Elemental reactions: climate change, pollution
- Automated factories and clever contraptions with conveyor belts, lasers with many effects, pipes to move liquids, and led indicators.
- Art projects
. Pixel Art using 11 types of colored gems
. Music using 5 different instruments: Piano, Guitar, Drums, Trumpet, Bass
. Amazing light shows: with leds, metal and electrons, bright and bulbs, sensors that pulsate, and gamewall that changes colors.
- Functional electronics projects with wireworld compliant rules (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireworld)
. Gates: and, or, xor, not, and more
. More complex circuits: diodes, counters and memory
- Probability/Random machines
- Batteries — and battery chargers
- Oil Lamps & Refineries
- Operational Ecosystems: predator/prey relationships, habitats
- Natural Phenomena: the water cycle, the weather system, erosion
- Natural Disasters: volcanoes, earthquakes, tornados, tsunamis
- Heat exchange: heating and cooling elements
-= CRAFT, LEARN, PLAY AND SHARE! =-
The open-ended nature of the game is reflected in the title. By enabling almost anyone to casually play and experiment with often advanced Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM) concepts, it is a learning simulator as much as it is a world-building game, rewarding critical thinking, problem-solving, and risk-taking self-direction on the part of the player.
The Sandbox EDU is a game that allows your kid to directly interact with STEAM concepts by solving problems, responding to scenarios, constructing or deconstructing environments, creating art, designing machines, tinkering with the elements, creating condensation & evaporation, and anything else you can image a digital sandbox of elements and tools would you let you do.
Privacy is an issue that we take very seriously. This is why we are making sure The Sandbox EDU is COPPA compliant to protect the privacy of you and your children.
-- FOLLOW US --
- 99.0 MB
- Release Date:
- PIXOWL INC.
Safe to Download