Agents need to check passenger travel documents before boarding to ensure they are compliant with all entry/transit regulations. Improper checks can result the passenger being denied entry at their destination and involve heavy INAD fines for the carriers.
The challenges faced by these agents are equally serious: Entry regulations constantly change, and different rules apply for different types of travel documents – but it is not always easy to distinguish between a normal passport and, for example, a laissez-passer document at the first glance.
This is where IATA Timatic Mobile comes in: Timatic Mobile can automatically recognize different passenger documents with the touch of a button, and then cross-check it with the latest travel regulations to ensure compliance. Timatic Mobile further assists the agent if it detects any issues with the document and walks them through possible solutions, such as scanning an additional visa or residence permit.
Here is how it works in three easy steps:
1. The agent points their mobile device camera towards the passenger travel document. Timatic Mobile securely scans the live image in real-time and automatically collects document details such as the specific document type, issuing country and expiry date.
2. The collected information is matched with the passenger itinerary, which can either be pre-loaded into the system beforehand or captured by the agent by scanning the passenger’s boarding pass or mobile QR code.
3. Timatic Mobile automatically queries IATA’s master database for the latest applicable rules and displays the results in a smart summary screen. If the passenger is not cleared to board, further actions such as “Scan Visa” will automatically appear.
Timatic Mobile is a stand-alone solution that provides agents with an automated document check system in their pocket wherever they go. It can be used anywhere where they interact with passengers such as check-in counters, bag drop kiosks, boarding gates, information desks and more.
Timatic Mobile has been designed to be straightforward to learn and use and is powered by IATA Timatic: The world’s leading automated document check system, trusted by airlines and handlers all around the globe to process hundreds of millions of passengers every year. This means a massive reduction in INAD fines and repatriation costs, not to mention much less training and operational overhead for agents and an overall better travel experience for passengers.
Download Timatic Mobile today to start enjoying the benefits!
• Mobile verification of passenger travel document requirements via IATA Timatic, the world’s leading document check system
• Specific rules and regulations covering every single nationality and airport in the world
• Automatically scans and recognizes many different passenger travel documents such as passports, visas, residence permits, ID cards…
• Displays a clear “Board / Do Not Board” result with additional smart actions as needed
• Automatically captures passenger itinerary via boarding pass scan
• Allows automated mass-import of PNL files for larger organizations
• Online admin panel provides integrated reporting, flight and passenger monitoring
• DCS-independent platform available for use anywhere over regular Internet
• Simplify document checks at check-in, bag drop and boarding
• Minimize INAD fines and repatriation costs
• Reduce training and operational overhead for agents
• Improve passenger experience through faster and better service
• Get started quickly and easily with minimal upfront setup
- 58.2 MB
- Update Date:
- Airline Choice
Safe to Download
AppPure.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. The download link of this app will be redirected to the official App Store site, thus the app is original and has not been modified in any way.Got it