Reached No.1 in UK Finance Charts on the App Store. Also featured on BBC Radio 4 & Sunday Times.
Unlike some free tax calculator apps, Tax Tool has all calculations and data built-in, so there's no need for an internet connection - use it anytime and anywhere, even if you don't have a signal!
• Perform Reverse Salary Calculations for working out your target salary from the take-home pay you need - useful for job interviews and pay rise negotiations
• View a pocket guide of key UK tax rates, limits and allowances, including Income Tax, National Insurance, Capital Gains Tax, Stamp Duty Land Tax and Pension Schemes
• Email your results, including a breakdown of the calculation, for sharing or backup purposes
"There's a reason for the high review scores posted for this app...it is an extremely well designed and thought out app."
"Brilliant app. Just saved me £160. Email and print give a very clear printed breakdown."
"This app is easy to use...I rarely write app reviews, but this one deserves all the praise it gets..."
"Outstanding - one of the best personal finance apps available."
Tax Tool is designed for UK taxpayers in paid employment, using the Pay-As-You-Earn (PAYE) system of automatic tax deduction.
The app was inspired by the quality of Apple's own apps. It was designed to be comprehensive, but also to be very easy to use and input information, with immediate results.
Choose to enter as much or as little as you want: accuracy is improved if you enter more information and if you enter your Tax Code, but it still gives a useful rough guide if you enter none of these.
A key feature is that it can perform reverse salary calculations. You can enter your desired take-home pay (what you need to receive, after payroll taxes are deducted, to cover your everyday lifestyle) and Tax Tool will instantly work out the salary needed to achieve that target. You can easily flip between these to work out net pay from gross salary or vice-versa.
The app also performs UK VAT calculations, and contains a handy reference for UK tax rates, limits and allowances.
Quick and simple: this is not designed to be a replacement for a full tax return (it doesn’t ask for full details on all your financial affairs), but it does provide a quick and useful estimate of the amount you will receive in your pay packet.
• Instant calculations as you type
• Doesn't need an Internet connection
• Shows a detailed breakdown of the calculations, including Income Tax paid at each band
• Flexible periods: enter and view results annually, monthly, four weekly, fortnightly, weekly, daily or hourly
• Calculates your National Insurance contributions, as well as your employer's
• Includes a VAT calculator, with reverse function
• Calculates PAYE tax for tax years 2020/21, 2019/20, all the way back to 2009/10
• Provides an instant rough guide. Enter optional settings to improve accuracy
• Works with iOS 12 & iOS 13.
Optional Settings available:
• Scottish tax (SRIT) - all five bands from 2018 onwards
• Tax Codes - recognises L, S, M, N, K, T, P, X, Y, BR, D0, D1, NT, 0T, M1 and W1 codes
• Contributions to company pensions (as a percentage or fixed amount). Also supports salary sacrifice pensions and contributions taken from net pay
• Childcare Vouchers
• Student Loan repayments (Pre Sept 2012 and Post Sept 2012 schemes supported)
• Overtime and Bonuses (as a percentage or fixed amount)
• Tax deductions
• Contributions to charities
• Salary sacrifice (three types)
• Regular deductions from net pay
• Marriage Allowance transfers
• High Income Child Benefit Charge estimation
• Ability to switch off National Insurance calculations if State Pension Age reached.
- Updated with rates and information for 2020/21 following the Budget on 11th March 2020
- Now shows a Scottish Flag in the main screen if you select "Scottish Taxpayer" in the settings
- Bug fixes for iOS 13.
- 1.2 MB
- Update Date:
- Michael Imperato
Safe to Download