The Verde situational awareness platform addresses the need for real-time status of the national electric grid and critical infrastructure sectors. Eventually Verde also will offer a “health status” of the nation’s electric infrastructure to assist federal agencies (e.g., the Federal Emergency Management Agency [FEMA]) in coordination and response during major catastrophic events. Features include real-time electric grid status, energy infrastructure integration, real-time weather and other data streams, grid behavior modeling, and extreme contingency analysis.
Verde has been developed as a viewing platform for operational support missions Verde is an excellent choice as a common operational picture for the military and other federal agencies as well as for state and local government agencies.
• Real-time status of the US electric grid
• Real-time weather data integration
• Impacted population estimates Population Distribution Database
• County-level outage information
• Multi-layer support with transparency
• Look-ahead restoration simulations
• All-hazard models (wildfires, earthquakes, winter storms, etc.)
• Flooding predictions
• Impacted population estimates
- 208.6 MB
- Update Date:
- Steve Fernandez
Safe to Download