Learn more at our FAQ page:
Night reading - Appearance controls let you read Wikipedia in comfort, with dark mode, text size control and image dimming to customize how you read.
Places - Find Wikipedia articles about places next door or across the globe, with a map and location based search experience. On a trip or your daily commute, with Places it’s easy to learn more about the world around you.
Explore feed - Discover the depths of Wikipedia through your explore feed, which surfaces Wikipedia articles and captivating freely-licensed photos. It includes a diverse array of interesting content, including:
- recommended articles based on what you’ve already read
- featured articles hand-picked by the Wikipedia community
- daily top read articles
- picture of the day
- events on this day in history
- random articles
- nearby landmarks
Find and search - Easily find what you’re looking for by searching within articles or using Spotlight. You can even search with your favorite emojis!
Quick access - Add Wikipedia to your device's Today screen to pick up exactly where you stopped reading your last article, or see the top-read articles and trends of the day.
Easy touch navigation, including 3D touch - Multi-touch gestures like swipe, tap, and 3D Touch features complete essential tasks more quickly and simply.
Save articles - Save articles for reading later, even when you’re offline. Search and sort Saved articles, and organize them into folders. Log in to sync your Reading Lists across the your mobile devices.
Multilingual support - Search for and read Wikipedia articles written in any Wikipedia-supported language — there are nearly 300!
Share - Easily share articles, images, and facts from Wikipedia on social media or by email. Or use Handoff to continue reading articles across your iOS devices.
Want to know more behind the scenes of the Wikipedia mobile app for iOS? Check out these resources:
To send feedback, from the app tap:
Settings Gear > Send app feedback
Contribute to our app localizations:
Code at GitHub open source repository:
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is a nonprofit organization that supports and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia projects. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable organization funded mainly through donations. For more information, please visit our website: https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home.
Also includes major fixes to link handling for both opening the app with links and links to 3rd party sites from the app.
- Reading list syncing fixes! If you've recently had problems with your Reading lists, please update to this version, then pull to refresh. If you continue to experience problems, please go to settings and Report an issue -- it really helps.
- Fix issues with currently reading article not reopening after app background. Now when you return to the article it will still be there!
- Easy support for adding media from Wikimedia Commons in editing mode. Press the media button and easily select images to add.
- Easier link insertion and updating when editing.
- Join the conversation with support for User talk built in. Go to Settings and log in to get started.
- Faster article loading and less data use. Now images are only downloaded when about to be displayed (or saved).
- Appearance option to have info boxes open by default
Lots of other small bug fixes.
For iOS 9 users this will be our last supported release. We strongly recommend you update to this version.
Fixed an issue with pull to refresh on articles. Other small bug fixes.
Simpler sharing options and improved "share-a-fact" shareable cards.
Other bug fixes and improvements.
Also added a new Featured Article widget. Now get the editor selected Featured Article on your iOS Today screen.
On this Day - A new card in the Explore feed highlights events that occurred on this day in history. Use the timeline to swipe back through time and read about the amazing past of every day.
iMessage Stickers - Message a friend to tell them you're lost in a Wikipedia rabbit hole! Post a "Citation Needed" sticker when a relative sends you Fake News. Now you can say it in a wiki-way, with Wikipedia stickers for iMessage.
This release also includes a number of other use-ability improvements and bug fixes.
New Places tab lets you find Wikipedia articles about places near you, or across the globe. Use maps to find the most interesting articles next door, or anywhere your curiosity takes you.
- 83.7 MB
- Update Date:
- Wikimedia Foundation
Safe to Download
AppPure.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. The download link of this app will be redirected to the official App Store site, thus the app is original and has not been modified in any way.Got it