*** Special introductory price for a limited time *****
Do you want to see the effect of the Reynolds Number on the vortex shedding, the effect of the angle of attack on the lift and drag of a 2D profile, the flow around 2D geometry you can easily draw or import ?
Or you just prefer to understand the principles of computational fluid dynamics ?
This App. is for you
NUMECA (www.numeca.be), developer of high-end 3D CFD software and ALGORIZK (www.algorizk.com), developer of interactive physical simulation applications have joined forces and knowledge to provide an Application for Education, aiming at providing 2D quantitative results with comparison to experiments, 3D CFD or analytical results.
Numerical technology includes:
• Immersed Boundary Method using discrete forcing approach
• Spalding wall function turbulence model
• Vorticity confinement method switch (on/off) to add artificial turbulence
• 1st or 2nd order Advection scheme
• CPU and GPU acceleration
Key Features include:
• Define your own geometry: either use the interactive mode to draw obstacles, or import shapes from text files. These files include numerical settings and can also include reference data for comparison (see format description on website www.algorizk.com/cfd).
• Pre-processing tools: adjust mesh size, wind tunnel input velocity magnitude and angle, fluid viscosity, periodicity top/down & Reynolds number. Tap twice on the inlet region to open the boundary condition window.
• Adjust numerical parameters : CFL number, iteration number for the Poisson equation solver, artificial turbulence.
• Visualization: physical fields (pressure, velocity magnitude, velocity components, vorticity), particles (streamlines, streak lines and random), colored smoke (predefined stripes, streamlines or streak lines). Number of smoke streamlines can be changed by pitching the screen on the inlet region.
• Analyse the flow field using the color scale. Tap once inside the scale to change the color scale (only for pressure and vorticity). Double tap near the scale to hide/shox the scale.
• Post-processing tools: line or point probes are available to plot the field in a graphic. You can plot the averaged or the instantaneous fields as well as the lift and drag. Strouhal number is available using an automatic Fourier decomposition tool. An output file (in VTK format) of your results is available.
• Tap twice inside the plot window, the color scale or the information box (top right) to remove them.
• Load/Save your own configuration.
• Predefined cases are available such as circle cylinder Re=3900, square cylinder Re=500, Durham turbine and others.
- 7.1 MB
- Update Date:
Safe to Download