5/5 - "I wish I could give 6 Stars."
5/5 - "Great game, great atmosphere! So tense when you lose a pilot."
5/5 - "You really get attached to your pilots after a while. Makes you really try your hardest to keep them alive."
5/5 - "I never write reviews for games, but this is easily one of the best mobile games I’ve ever played"
5/5 - "One of the best games out there"
5/5 - "The dog that greets you on your mission end is just an extra touch to show how much love and care they made this game with!"
*** We'd like to thank every single person who decided to take the time to rate or review Wings of Heroes: for an indie team like ours good reviews are the only way to emerge on the App Store. If you like our game please let other users know the reasons why you do. Thank you. ***
Fly with your unexperienced recruits in this 2d side scrolling ww2 dogfighting game and watch them become real heroes, fighting against all odds to subvert the fate of a seemingly lost war!
In Wings of Heroes you are in charge of a small training airfield for recruits, who will need to be prepared for the imminent clash with enemy forces.
However, sometimes things don't work out as planned and your airfield will soon be required to participate in military operations.
This is NOT a "pay to win" game.
IAPs are there to support us: they are not needed to finish the missions and continue playing, you just need some practice.
We removed the ads, this is a game built with passion for passionate gamers: enjoy.
- Mission based gameplay with an enthralling plot
- Challenging dogfight action
- Your pilots' rank will grow higher from mission to mission and they will learn new abilities: help them become Masters of Dogfight
- Use your pilot's "dexterity" to slow down time and react faster to unexpected events
- Perform rolls to avoid enemy bullets and missiles
- Perform Immelmann maneuvers to avoid enemies and get their tail
- Up to 3 wingmen will escort you in your missions: switch control to any of them at any time!
- Keep or break formation when you control the team leader
- Land at your airfield to refuel, repair and reload your aircraft
- More than 15 different types of enemies (soldiers, tanks, barracks, hangars, battleships, submarines, bunkers, etc...)
- Detailed statistics for each pilot
- Realistic weather conditions (rainy, stormy, foggy)
- Fly at different times of day (dawn, daylight, sunset, night)
- 2 gameplay views available (zoomed and normal)
- "Zoom out" button to see entire game field at once
- Enemies' morale affects their behaviour
- Eject from your aircraft
- Perform crash landings
- Realistic sound effects
- Engaging soundtrack
- Game Center integration with lots of achievements and leaderboards
Follow @MoonyBaboon on Twitter for the latest!
Like us on Facebook.com/moonybaboon
Please don’t include bug reports in your app reviews: we can’t respond to you directly.
You can email us via firstname.lastname@example.org
I think I finally found a better way to handle the aircraft roll trigger.
Double tap to roll is back, but it only works if the landing gear is not deployed, and I think it makes a lot of sense.
I've also changed the area where the landing gear is deployed: it was a circular area while now is a rectangular area.
This means that the landing gear will stay deployed for a longer distance, but if you climb above a certain height it retracts immediately.
Hopefully this will prevent accidental rolls during landing.
On the topic of landings, since some reviews mentioned losing pilots for accidental turns during the approach, I decided to disable turning when landing gear is deployed and your aircraft is very near to ground: hope this helps.
I thought about disabling turns completely when very near to ground, but Wings of Heroes is a hardcore game and some dexterity is expected from the player.
Moreover, you don't need to stay that near to the ground if you aren't landing, it's your choice and it comes with risk ;-).
As usual, please provide feedback.
feedback about double tap to roll being too sensitive and error prone has been heard.
I tried to tune it to make it work safely in every condition to no avail, so I decided to change the trigger mechanism to a triple tap, which should avoid all accidental activations at the cost of being a little more difficult to perform.
Let me know if you like it or if you prefer the old method, I'm also open to suggestions about a different way to implement this.
- Some minor improvements
- Gameplay and AI improvements
- Ads (advertising propaganda, you know... :-))
- Bug fixes
From the next release we will focus on adding new content.
- Ability to repair, refuel and reload your aircraft by landing at your airfield and taking off again (as many times as you want)
- New gameplay views available (zoomed and normal)
- New zoomed out mode to see entire game field at once
- Calibrated difficulty
- Random weather
- Fly at different times of day (night mode included)
- Better AI
- Pitch inversion option
- 5 mins of fuel available in every mission before needing to refuel
- Minor UI improvements
- Reviewed In-App Purchases
- 84.6 MB
- Update Date:
- Marco Tormento
Safe to Download
AppPure.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. The download link of this app will be redirected to the official App Store site, thus the app is original and has not been modified in any way.Got it